Torn Between Two

• İtfaf edildi To all the Charlie fans

I blinked my eyes open. Everything smelt of maple, it was quite dark though. I blinked several more times and saw the wood ceiling of Charlie's treehouse. My head ached in pain, I could feel a heartbeat. I hope that's not bad. I rolled over onto my side. What the heck was I laying on? I looked down to see that I was on a small cot and Charlie was sitting on a chair next to me, his head in his hands.

"Charlie?" I said, but it came out quiet.

He lifted his head up quickly and a smile spread across his face,"Hey, how's your head feeling?"

He ran his hand across my forehead and into my hair,"Still throbbing, but better. Where's Zach?" I couldn't help but panic. He was even worse off then me.

"He's fine. He's back at your Uncle's. He was bleeding pretty badly, your uncle could only take one of you in his truck so I just took you up here."

Thank goodness. Zach was being taken care of! "Wait? How did you carry me up the tree?"

"With difficulty," I looked at him curiously,"Don't ask." I let out a shaky laugh.

I saw a few portable lanterns spread out across the room. Illuminating the room,"What time is it?"

"Around eleven."

"Oh. What have you been up to this whole time?" he must've been bored.

"Worrying about you." I smiled up at him. He's done so much for me, there really wasn't anything I could do to be even.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Helping me up here for a big one, and for being there for me." I could tell he was blushing under the dim light.

"No need to thank me. You're the one who has made my summer a lot less boring than it could've been."

"You too." we sat there in silence for a moment. I sat up, "Look about the whole Jake thing tha-" that's when he interrupted my sentence with a kiss. Yes he kissed me! Right after I had gotten used to the fact that I had kissed Zach the day before. The touch of his lips sent tingles through me. He didn't seem to notice my shock, but if he did then he didn't care.

I was supporting myself by my elbows while Charlie held the back of my head with his hands. For some reason I didn't feel any emotion except the fact that his lips were on mine. Our lips synchronizing with each other. I don't know why I didn't stop it just felt right. Was it right? What would Zach think?

Finally we separated lips and Charlie gave a kind of nervous laugh. I smiled at him not knowing how to react,"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have just did that after what happened down there."

"No Charlie... I'm not worried about what happened with Jake... I'm worried about Zach..."

"I'm sorry... I should've considered that. It's just, I've never felt this way about anyone before except you Callia. I've felt for you since the moment we met."

Just then my heart dropped into the pit of my stomach. I knew it would break both of their hearts. Why did they both have to be so hot? That just made it even worse!

Charlie's words made me cry. He was so sincere and... Oh... "I- I- Uh...." I was tongue tied. His words were so... Reassuring,"I just don't know what to say. My words can't compare to how much yours meant to me."

"Callia, just shut up." when he said this I did and he leaned in and kissed me again. I wanted to stop, but I couldn't. I just let him kiss me. I never considered that Charlie could ever feel this way about me. Then as he kept kissing me flashes of Jake trying to kiss me appeared in my mind. All of the sudden I pushed him away from me and broke down. I just started crying hysterically and I couldn't stop.

I just sat there and Charlie came to comfort me,"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"I- it's not- not you. I keep seeing Jake." he wrapped his arm around me and gave me a reassuring squeeze.

"You're safe now. I won't let him get near you. I swear it. My father has already got Jake and his friends in his office to be given their punishment." I did feel safe. Now that I new Jake was taken care of and that I was in someone's comforting arms, I was fine.

The tears finally subsided and I didn't realize how exhausted I was,"Since it's late you can just stay the night here."

"Okay." I lay my head back on the cot and just enjoyed the atmosphere. Just as Charlie was about to turn off the lanterns,"Charlie?"

"Mhm?"

I pulled him towards me and pecked him on the cheek,"Goodnight."

"Sweet dreams." he put a blanket over me and went to sleep in a cot across the room. At least he respected my space.

I couldn't sleep, I just lay there not believing the events of my day. What will I say to Zach? What will I have to tell Charlie? I'm so confused! Why did either of them have to kiss me and confess their feelings towards me? Ahhh! Being a teenager sucks, especially when perverts knock you into a tree.

I wish time travel was possible, I wish Hermione's time turner was real, I wish humans had wings to fly away! For the third time today I cried. I cried and I didn't stop. I hope I didn't wake Charlie, because most of the tears were about him.

Zach was probably asleep in his warm bed, his face all bruised and swollen. His beautiful features temporarily damaged. I wondered what he was thinking. I wondered what Charlie thought about us. All I know is that today officially sucked.