Wishing and kissing

Warmth. That's all I could feel was warmth wrapping around me like a blanket, protecting me from any cold getting to me. I blinked my eyelids and realized that I fell asleep, and not just anywhere. I fell asleep in the field Zach showed me earlier. What time is it? I looked around at the dark field and then at the sky where the stars seemed to light up the whole world. They were clearer and brighter than any diamond or chandelier. More perfect and delicate looking than porcelain or an infant. I rolled onto my back and bumped into something. Oh, Zach was right next to me. I looked at his peaceful face, he was obviously sleeping. I turned my gaze back to the stars an just watched them until I heard movement and saw Zach open his eyes and see me looking up. He copied my position and watched the stars with me.

"Wow." was all he said for a while.

After a long silence I spoke aloud. I don't know if it was just me speaking my mind or talking to myself or Zach, but I said it," Sometimes I wonder how far the stars go. I wonder if they ever stop. When their light goes out other stars form from it's remains. I wish we were like stars, granting people's wishes and lighting up the hopelessness of the dark. Free like the wind and true like the sky." I spoke this ever so quietly.

"Callia... You look at life as if it's so simple. You make filled with so much joy and even when life gets so dark you fill it with that spark of hope." He looked at me with his hazel eyes glowing in the starlight. I turned my head to look back at him.

"Do you mean that? I mean, is that really true?" I asked quietly.

"How can it be a lie?" he whispered back.

I layed back down on my back continued to stare at the stars. I wonder how late it is, oh who cares it's not like you can really get lost in this town. I gasped when I saw a star fly across the late night sky,"Zach make a wish! Make a wish!" while pointing at the shooting star.

"Ha okay I see it! I made my wish!" he said back in my same excited, rushed tone.

I closed my eyes and then made my wish and hid it in my heart, hoping the vast skies would grant it to me.

"I made my wish too." I said to Zach.

I sat up and so did Zach. I sat on my knees facing him and he turned his head to the side and said,"Callia, your more than my best friend you know that right?" yeah I'm like his sister? I nodded in response,"Your one of a kind." He stood up and so did I,"Your a masterpiece. A painting. But, life's your frame and you paint the world with your colors." he stepped closer to me, leaving just a small space between our bodies. I could feel the heat aerate of of his body.

He took one last step closer leaving our faces just inches away from each other. I inhaled his scent of cinnamon which reminded me so much of home and the smell of summer. He brushed back a loose strand of my hair and tucked it behind my ear. I looked up into his hazel eyes and he looked back into my piercing green ones. He Held the back if my head with his hands and did the last thing I ever expected him to do. He pulled me into him and kissed me.

His lips were soft and sweet and I couldn't help but to melt into him. My hands rested on his strong chest and he laced his fingers through my hair. This sweet, tough, patient boy I call my best friend was now the boy who was kissing me. It wasn't just any kiss, it tasted sweet and his lips were gentle against mine. I then realized after my shock that I enjoyed it, so I kissed him back. It wasn't just that short peck on the lips it was full of love. It had meaning and a history behind it.

We just stood there in that sweet embrace and kissed for I don't know how long. A surge of sudden emotions came through me and put so many questions in my mind so I pulled back from his godly lips and looked back up at him. He smiled back at me, his fingers still in my hair, my hands still on his strong chest. I breathed heavily and sucked back in the oxygen I lost when our lips were glued together. Our lips were pulling closer to each other like magnets ready to kiss again, but I pulled away from him. I stood my distance and said,"I need to think." I then quickly walked off leaving Zach alone in the field. Before I got to the edge to the field I noticed a small orange wildflower blooming.