Chapter Thirty One

I woke up from the floor. I had been slammed into the wall. I opened my eyes and I saw that Hermione and Ron both had wands pointed at Pettigrew, even though he too seemed to have blacked out.

Harry, Lupin and Sirius were also waking up from something.

It took a moment for me to remember everything that had just happened.

“Harry, hit me if I’m wrong, but I think I’m your younger sister who had some spell put on her or something and was like adopted by the Malfoys.” I said slowly. I looked at Lupin. “And I think you’re my godfather, and Sirius, you used the spell. I’m so confused. I wish I could have a fire whisky.”

“Yeah...” Harry said rubbing his head. “You’re my little sister.”

“You’re my god daughter.” Lupin added in.

“And I’m the one who stuffed everything-“Sirius began.

“-Who saved my life.”  I said honestly.

I still had a question. “If I’m a year younger, doesn’t anyone notice? Or did they think a two month old was a twelve month old?”

I was half expecting Hermione to pipe in with ‘that’s what you ask, of all the things.’ But I looked at her when she didn’t.

She and Ron looked utterly bewildered.

“Oh my God! You didn’t see stuff did you?” I said excitedly.

“No. You all blacked out.” Hermione said awkwardly.

“Yeah, you’re brother and sister now?” Ron added

“Yeah, and I’m twelve. Lupin’s my god father, Sirius – Mr. Black – Padfoot is my saviour and Wormtail is faking it.” I said as I saw the man trying to creep towards the door undetected. “Shall we go?” I asked chirpily.

Everyone who was lost in the confusion of memories just kind of nodded and went along with it. I was regularly confused, so this made no difference to me. I would react about it later. Or I’d forget.

“Willow stop thinking, I can see your brain ticking around at it’s painful.” Hermione told me.

“This is why I spend my life not thinking about words and stuffness.”

“Like then?” Sirius asked with a grin.

“You’re such, a lemon.” I said dramatically.

There was a weird silence. I say weird because I’m normally talking.

It was no suprise to anyone when I was the first to speak.

“So, are we gonna live here or are we gonna go clear your name and stuff?” I said awkwardly.

“Right,” Lupin said.  “I’ll go with Wormtail.”

“And Me.” Ron hobbled forward again.

Black conjured heavy manacles from thin air; soon Pettigrew was upright again, left arm chained to Lupin's right, right arm to Ron's left. Ron's face was set. He seemed to have taken Scabbers's true identity as a personal insult.

Snape was levitating, and Crookshanks leapt lightly off the bed and led the way out of the room, his bottlebrush tail held jauntily high.

“You don’t react to thing much do you?” Sirius asked.

“I probably will later, but there’s more important things to do.” I said as we began to walk down the stairs.

“What’s more important than your real Identity?”