Chapter Ten

In no time at all, Defence Against the Dark Arts had become most people's favourite class. It was mine most definitely. There was a teacher here that actually liked my randomness. I felt so...Willow. Only Malfoy and his gang of Slytherins had anything bad to say about Professor Lupin.

"Look at the state of his robes," Malfoy would say in a loud whisper as Professor Lupin passed. "He dresses like our old house elf."

But no one else cared that Professor Lupin's robes were patched and frayed. His next few lessons were just as interesting as the first. After Boggarts, we studied Red Caps, nasty little goblin-like creatures that lurked wherever there had been bloodshed: in the dungeons of castles and the potholes of deserted battlefields, waiting to bludgeon those who had gotten lost. From Red Caps we moved on to Kappas, creepy. water-dwellers that looked like scaly monkeys, with webbed hands itching to strangle unwitting waders in their ponds.

I only wished I could be as happy with some of myother classes. Worst of all was Potions. Snape was in a particularly vindictive mood these days, and no one was in any doubt why. The story of the Boggart assuming Snape's shape, and the way that Neville had dressed it in his grandmother's clothes, had travelled through the school like wildfire; as did the tale of me telling him to get laid...Snape didn't seem to find it funny. His eyes flashed menacingly at the very mention of Professor Lupin's name, he was bullying Neville worse than ever and he would take points off Gryffindor because I 'looked funny'.

I hated the freaking divination lessons; they made me want to die. Pavarti Patil and Lavender Brown had taken to haunting Professor Trelawney's tower room at lunch times, and always returned with annoyingly superior looks on their faces, as though they knew things the others didn't.

Nobody really liked Care of Magical Creatures, which, after the action-packed first class, had become extremely dull. Hagrid seemed to have lost his confidence. We were now spending lesson after lesson learning how to look after flobberworms, which had to be some of the most boring creatures in existence.

"Why would anyone bother looking after them?" said Ron, after yet another hour of poking shredded lettuce down the flobberworms' throats.

"Because they are so incredibly boring, they make boredom easy..." I said slowly. "That made more sense in my head." I added as they looked at me funny.

You think they would be used to my randomness by now.

***

I was lying on my stomach on the floor of the Gryffindor common room trying to complete the world's most tedious Potions essay. ("I swear he only set this because he is sour" Ron complained.) I heard Fred and George's voices sounding from across the room.

"Oh look at that conveniently placed new rug!" George said loudly.

"Perhaps we should sit on it!" Fred said equally as loud.

I felt the pair of them sit on me, and my leg kicked out, spilling my ink all over my almost completed essay.

"I'll kill you both." I said gasping for breath. They were pretty freaking heavy. "I was nearly finished you arses! I'll kill you both!"

"Don't worry..." Harry said sheepishly. "I've been copying it."

"Damn, I was looking for an excuse to kill them." I said.

"This rug talks a lot." George said

"That's it! Get off me or else!"

"Or else what?"

I muttered a spell and the pair of them fell off my back. I stood triumphantly over them both.

"Right," I said dramatically "how are you going to make up for it?"

"Like this!" George said pulling out a ukulele from nowhere.

"What the hell!"

He started to strum a few strings randomly. It sounded awful.

"Make it stop" I said covering my ears.

"Ohh Willow!" George began to sing. "You're a crazy maniac!"

"In a good way!" Fred added.

The whole common room turned around to hear the source of the commotion and noise.

"Willow Tree! What you mean to me! I can't say!" George continued.

I flushed a violent shade of red. Everyone was looking at me and George and smiling and I was so freaking embarrassed and happy and ugh! I can't explain my own feelings....thats a first. No it isn't but shut up. Okay, I may be intentionally stuck in my thoughts so I don't have to feel embarrassed to think about the song George is singing for me.

"Willow! You amazing girl! I couldn't live without you-"I went redder, it was possible. "Your random comments on mushrooms, your tackling of people-"George sang on and on.

I have to say, the worst part was when the WHOLE common room joined in.

"WILLOW! OH WILLOW! WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT YOU? WILLOW! OH WILLOW! YOU ARE REALLY ONE OF A KIND!" they more like shouted. I wondered if any of it was rehearsed.

I made a weird laugh gurgling noise because I didn't really know what else to do.

"And for the finale." Fred boomed over the crowd. They all silenced and I could again hear the ukulele playing.

George and I looked at each other, and we both felt as though we were the only ones in the room.

"Willow, Tree, I Luff you." he sang to me.

"AWWWWWW!" I said loudly and tackled him with a hug.

The common room burst into applause and Percy got up and left. I think he has issues.

"I Luff you too George." I whispered into his ear.

The common room emptied as time went on, and Ron looked up from his work and said: "What was all that singing before? And was there a ukulele?"

I looked from Harry, Hermione, Fred, George and I exchanged looked and started laughing at Ron.

"What? What was it?" Ron said confused.

The five of us who had been listening to the 'song' seemed to decide to not tell Ron, and to go to bed leaving him confused.

"Hey! What happened?" Ron complained.

"Nothing." I smiled, and with that, we went to bed.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I have totally lost my mind. It has gone so far away, that sanity is creeping back in.

I just contradicted myself.

HERES A LLAMA

THERES A LLAMA

AND ANOTHER LITTLE LLAMA

FUNNY LLAMA

FUZZY LLAMA

LLAMA

LLAMA

DUCK

LUFF YOU ALL!!!