Chapter Sixteen

Dumbledore sat himself down behind his desk and peered at me over his half moon spectacles.

"Willow, could you please explain yourself?"

Odd question.

"Umm," I said, staring at him awkwardly. "My name is Willow, I'm thirteen and -"

"You misunderstand me." Dumbledore frowned. "Explain what happened down on the stadium just before."

"Weren't you there?" I asked him, rather confused.

"Tell me how you did what you did."

Hmm, let me think about that: "No." I said simply.

Judging by the look on Professor Dumbledore's face, he didn't really expect that answer.

"No?"

"What I mean to say is; I don't really know what happened." I said sounding retarded.

Dumbledore sighed and laid his chin on his hands, not breaking eye contact with me. His light blue gaze made me feel like glass.

"I have already told you about how you are an extraordinary witch."

"Yeah, I got a bit confused about that..." I said honestly, but he didn't seem to have heard. It was as though he was thinking aloud.

"You used a non-verbal spell when you haven't even learnt about them. In fact, you haven't even learnt that spell yet."

"I used a non-verbal spell in my first year...I turned Fred's hair into antlers..." I half smiled at the memory.

"More talented than I imagined." Dumbledore mumbled to himself.

"And I have never even heard of that spell before...The one to slow Harry down..."

Dumbledore didn't speak for some time and when he continued, it was as though he was again lost in thought.

"You apparated. On Hogwarts grounds. That's physically impossible....and you're only in your third year."

"I don't know how sir. I honestly don't know." I said in a surprisingly quiet voice.

I felt like crying.

Oh no.

I started crying.

"Willow," Dumbledore said gently; I refused to meet his eyes. "Look at me." I looked up, and there was a constant stream of tears streaming from my eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Everything." I said softly. "I don't know why I can do these weird things and I don't understand and - and I don't know."

Dumbledore reached his hand across his desk and took mine in it.

"It's alright." He said gently.

"I just do all this weird stuff, sir. I don't know what I'm capable of; I'm a danger to everyone."

"You are your own worst enemy, Willow. Only you can control the path you take; and I know you are capable of heading towards the light."

I wasn't sure whether he was comforting me, or predicting my death - but it was good enough for me.

There was another long pause.

"I suggest you go visit Harry, He should be waking up any moment."

"Bye sir." I said with a smile. I didn't really feel like smiling, but I did.

"Goodbye Willow." He smiled down at me.

I walked out of his office, and then ran down to the hospital wing, all the while wiping tears off my face.