A proposition

Stevie darted her eyes up, as Robert's throaty laughter filled their bedroom. She stared at him, sitting lotus style on their four poster bed, eyebrows furrowed. "What just happened?"

"What's that thing on your head?"

Stevie patted the top of her head, then realized what he meant. "My hair was bothering me, getting in my eyes, I had to do something about it!"

"Well, now I'm here, it's definitely going, babe. It looks ridiculous." Robert sat behind her, removing three elastic bands from her hair that kept it up in a very weird looking palm-like up do. "Much better." Her gorgeous golden locks fell around her shoulders, as he smoothed them out a bit. "What are you so occupied with?" His arms circled her waist, as he clasped his hands on her stomach, looking over her shoulder.

"I tried writing, but that isn't really working out, so I decided to draw."

"Another angel."

"You know that I only draw angels."

"Because you're one too?" Robert's warm breath tickled the skin on her neck and she put her journal away, before laying down on his chest.

"You're so good with words. You always know the right thing to say."

"I know, I've always been a hit with the ladies."

"Hey!" She cocked her head up, looking at him pointedly. "I'm the only lady you should be concerned about."

"Well..." He took her hand and held it up. "Doesn't this diamond speak volumes?"

"It does, but if you're going to start talking about other women you've encountered with, then you should go and buy me another one."

"Are you jealous?"

"I mean... sure. I don't want to think about you with someone else, like I'm sure you don't exactly enjoy the idea of me with one of my partners."

"No, you're right. The thought I do like though, is that you're mine and every single man in the world wishes to be in my place."

"What makes you so sure anyone would want that?"

"Because you're smart, funny, beautiful and talented. Not to mention hot as hell."

"Oh stop!" She laughed, slapping his hand playfully. "You see what you want to see in me."

"That is so not true." Robert disagreed, his palm reaching to touch the side of her face, locking their eyes. "When I look at you I see the most gorgeous woman to have walked the earth. I see the woman I'm in love with."

"I love you, too." Stevie smiled and pursed her lips, asking for a kiss.

But their intimate embrace didn't last too long, a phone call breaking them up. "Don't answer." Robert asked, his hands doing an awfully good job at convincing.

"What if it's important?"

"We'll make this quick, you'll call them back."

"No... I can't- mmph..." She sighed, closing her eyes again, when he pressed his lips to hers. But the ringing didn't stop and she found unbelievable strength to pull away. "We'll continue this."

She grabbed her phone, which she rarely used, and was surprised to see who was so desperately trying to get in contact with her.

"Hello?"

"Hey you."

"I have to say I wasn't expecting it to be you, Lindsey."

"Were you busy? You took so long to answer."