On purpose

"Is everything okay, honey?" Stevie asked, while Robert was opening a bottle of wine in the kitchen. After dinner, the four decided to prolong the evening, all coming back to Stevie and Robert's.

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

"Oh, I don't know... you were so cheerful earlier and now you've got this sour expression on your face, it doesn't really work for you."

He sighed, putting the corkscrew away. "I was looking forward to spending the night with you."

"Who says you won't be spending the night with me?" She smirked, hugging him around his middle, getting out a small smile from him.

"I wanted us to celebrate your success tonight, just the two of us; flowers, romantic dinner, fantastic sex to wrap the night up..."

"I'm sorry." Stevie stuck her lower lip out, looking up with her best puppy eyes. "I haven't seen Lindsey in so long, I've missed him."

"I understand and it's fine, but you know..." Robert shrugged his shoulders, grabbing the wine. "We better still get to the fantastic sex part, you owe me."

"Of course, don't you doubt that one!" Stevie laughed and took a tray of snacks to go along with the wine, as she followed Robert to the living room.

"Thanks for asking us over." Lindsey said with a smile, Kristen sitting next to him, not looking overly excited about being there.

"Thanks for coming, I hope we didn't ruin any plans."

"No, no plans."

Robert was the last to sit down after pouring everyone a glass, then he sat back, hugging Stevie around her shoulders as she naturally leaned into him. "Tell me, how are those gorgeous kids of yours?"

"Great. Stella is three now, I adore them at that age." His children meant the world to Lindsey. "Will is quite the trouble maker, always up to no good with the other boys and LeeLee is just an angel."

Stevie listened to him speak, feeling a little sad. She adored his kids, but a part of her would always wish that Will, LeeLee and Stella were hers too. She entwined her fingers with Robert's and he knew why, having talked about it more than a few times, as he pressed a kiss to her temple.

Lindsey, on the other hand, was having entirely different feelings. For whatever reason, it really bothered him that another man was acting this way towards Stevie. Of course, that way, was Robert being loving and attentive to his fiancée. Jealousy? Now why would Lindsey be jealous? He had a beautiful, a lot younger wife sitting next to him. No, he had to just... just be confused. Besides, he was over Stevie, wasn't he...?

After forever, Kristen decided to speak up, having analyzed her surroundings. "I must say, this place is decorated flawlessly."

"It was all Stevie!" Robert said, showing around with his hand.

"As if that needed to be said, I mean, the amount of Tiffany lamps?" Lindsey joked, causing Stevie to roll her eyes. "Seriously though, I agree. I'm not much of a... designs person, but it's really nice here."

"We were going for a homey feel, but we also wanted people to know that we're both from two of the biggest rock bands." Stevie joked, sipping her wine. "At first we thought of moving into one of our previously owned properties, but when we understood that things between us were getting serious, we decided to buy a new house together. Sort of a new fresh start."

"I must say, the news were unexpected to say the least."

"Well, the proposal was unexpected for me too." Stevie shrugged. "I didn't think I would actually meet someone I'd want to have a serious relationship with, let alone get married."

"I'm happy for the both of you, I really am. Have you thought about when?"

"I've always wanted autumn wedding, but it's October already and I wouldn't possibly plan it so quickly. So, I don't know for sure, maybe spring."

"Like I said, there's always Las Vegas."

"Right, Robert. Yes, after so many years, I will be having my wedding at one of those chapels and Elvis Presley impersonator is going to marry us."

"I'm sure we could get someone else if you're not too keen on Elvis."

Lindsey watched the playful bickering in front of him, another set of emotions flooding over him. The only word swimming in his head to describe it was sadness. Stevie was always happy, at least she wore a mask to pretend she was, but now... Now she was genuinely happy, looking radiant, glowing even. Was he feeling this way, because he didn't have this with Kristen? Because he married, like so many liked to say, an ice queen? Or was it because it was right there before his eyes, the fact that Stevie was finally moving on, really moving on, from whatever that was left between them?

The four spent about another hour catching up and it was getting rather late. Saying goodbye to Lindsey and Kristen, Robert began cleaning up, while Stevie walked them out, Lindsey telling his wife he would be right there in the car with her.

"Tonight was really fun." He said, standing by the front door with Stevie. "To think I didn't even really want to go out."

"And I didn't know we were going out at all, Robert tends to make these romantic gestures."

"I was there, you know..."

"Where?"

"At your show."

"What, you mean-"

"Today, yeah."

"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you come see me?"

"Because I know how nervous you get if I do and I didn't want to bother you after. I just stood in the wings, watching you and you seemed to be having the time of your life. You were... you were stunning in every sense of the word."

"Aw, Lindsey... Thank you, that means a lot to me, that you can appreciate what I do with my solo career."

"You know I do, always have, even if I chose quite interesting ways of showing it."

She smiled somewhat shyly, then opened her arms, pulling him into a hug. "Don't be a stranger, okay?"

"You can count on that, Nicks. By the way, are you going to be Plant?"

"I've worked too hard for Stevie Nicks, Linds."

"Good, because I don't think Buckingham Plant has the same ring to it and we still are a package deal to this day, right?"

She chuckled, nodding. "Of course."

He kissed her on the cheek, catching just a tiny bit of her lips, before he pulled away. "Have a good night."

"You too. Drive safe." She waved, as he walked to the car, then hugged herself around the middle, watching as he drove away, not even realizing how she put a finger up to her lips. She felt it and it felt like he kissed her that way on purpose...