Chapter 5: Avengers

Edited On: 12/17/19

After this morning the day went by quickly and instead of heading straight home Mr.Banner asked me to stay and we could talk more.

Apparently, during his free period, because apparently teachers get 1 or 2 free period during school too, he called his friends who he stays with and explained the situation and they wanted to meet me.

I still had no clue who they were or even when Mr.Banner was living with them, because he was definitely someone who could afford their own place.

There was part of me that wanted to turn down the offer afraid of what Gabe may do when he realizes I'm not even home at the given time.

Mr.Banner also told them how I was deaf and how some of them knew sign language. Part of me was excited but the other part feared rejection of any help.

Taking a breath I waited outside before Mr.Banner or as he told me earlier Bruce walked out carrying a briefcase with the school schedule.

"Where we going?" I signed feeling confused as I focused on his lips for his reply, "Going to get something to eat and my friends will meet us there. If that's alright with you?"

I nodded my head and rested in the seat closing my eyes as I was slightly tired of not getting much sleep last night. Gabe was extra loud (and by loud I mean the whole apartment was shaking) and it was annoying especially with the stank of beer that came from the so-called living room.

A few minutes later I felt a hand on my shoulder but instantly realizing who it was I didn't flinch only opened my eyes and looked at Bruce.

He indicated his head toward the front area of the car, now looking I realized we were in front of a small diner.

Following Bruce's lead as he got out of the car I put my hands in the hoodie I was wearing and followed him, leaving my backpack in the car.

Opening the door the smell hit me first. I could smell the hamburgers cooking and how much grease was on it, or the chemicals that were in the hamburger itself. (Been watching DareDevil)

I quickly followed Bruce as I got my sense of smell under control. We stopped at a table that had 8 people around it and no one else in the place as if they paid to just be alone.

One of the men who had a goatee got up opening his arms widely as he greeted Bruce. I felt the stares of a man with blonde hair and surprisingly a bow and arrow sitting next to him.

On his right and the other one staring intently at him was a woman with deep red hair and intense brown eyes as if she was searching for any sort of lies.

A finger snapped underneath my nose and I instantly flinched to it which looking at the man who snapped. It was the goatee guy and now that I really look it was the guy in all the newspaper...

Or at least the guy that was part of the Avengers team. I frowned as he said something and paid more attention, "-got his attention. Sup kid, Tony Stark billionaire playboy what's your name?" the guy said

Hesitating for a split second I raised my hands and started to talk in sign language saying my name. The two that were staring at me intently eyebrows rose in a short surprise before a sort of mask was on their face again.

The guy, Tony Stark, face held one of shock before it fell back into a smirk, "You weren't kidding Jolly Green, the kid really is deaf." Just as he said this I finally felt the presence of someone else right beside me and jumped away and saw that it was another blonde guy but had a hammer right next to him.

I frowned and signed, "What?" totally confused right now and wondering how Bruce knew the Avengers. Shockingly I was taking this quite well in my opinion but it was pretty cool meeting the people that helped with the whole Attack of New York and the Ultron attack that happened only a few months ago.

"Point Break just talked really loud and he's right next to you, you didn't even flinch man and that's shocking enough. You haven't even reacted to finding out you're dining with the Avengers. I mean, come on kid, I'm surprised you haven't gone fangirl on us." Tony Stark said as I read his lips then frowned at the last bit.

Signing I asked, "Why does it matter that you're the Avengers? You're still human and unless you wanted to be treated differently I'm treating you as such." I said raising an eyebrow.

"No idea what you just said, kid," Tony said

"He said and I quote, ' Why does it matter that you're the Avengers? You're still human and unless you wanted to be treated differently I'm treating you as such.' Thanks, kid." The guy with the bow said as he got my attention after Tony talked quickly.

"You know sign language Clint?" This time it was a guy who was definitely younger than the older Avengers and I think I remember the newspaper saying his name was Quicksilver, not entirely sure though.

"SHIELD mandatory." The girl with the red hair sitting next to, now named, Clint.

"What's SHIELD?" I asked finally realizing I haven't sat and slide into one of empty seats next to Bruce.

"Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division. You know what that means kid?" Clint asked

"Someone really wanted to spell out SHIELD?" I signed with a tilted head

Natasha was repeating what I was saying to the others and the one who I definitely know as Quicksilver seemed to have snorted in amusement while Clint just smiled.

"It means kid, that we work for the government." They guy- Tony said a smirk playing his face too.

Instead of talking more about this topic it seemed that Bruce shifted the conversation," Why don't we introduce ourselves to Percy?"

I nodded in agreement and looked to the far end of the table, where just beside Quicksilver was a girl wearing a red outfit with brown hair.

"I'm Wanda. Nice to meet you, Percy. My alter ego is Scarlet Witch," I waved hello before shifting to Quicksilver.

"Pietro or Quicksilver," Another greeting.

"Steve Rogers or Captain America."

"Clint Barton or Hawkeye, the coolest of all Avengers."

"Natasha Romanoff," she said this while slapping Clint's head as he yelped and rubbed the spot where she hit. I stifled my laugh (or giggle but I would deny it) and greeted her.

"You should already know me, Tony Stark or the real coolest of all Avengers Iron Man."

"Pepper Potts, Tony's girlfriend and CEO of Stark Industries," she said a smile that I returned.

"I am Thor Odinson, son of Odin from Asgard. Greeting little Midgardian (was it Midgardian it was a bit hard to tell) it is good to meet you and learn of-"

"-Anyway" Bruce butted in not wanting to deal with Thor talking about how he found it interesting that Percy was deaf and then might slip about his stepfather (I can read people very well).

"As you know, Bruce Banner or...Hulk."

I perked up, honestly the Hulk was freaking cool! Some of the Avengers started to chuckle or it looked like that, either that or they were choking on their food which was another possibility.

The reason they were chuckling, was most likely because the fact my face practically lite up at the mention of my favorite Avengers and the most exciting expression was on my face as my smile was wide.

Bruce looked slightly shocked by my reaction but I think he somewhat played it off but I figured it would be a question for later.