Chapter 26

“Why can’t you just do this?” Mac says, pulling down her dress a bit, it rode up in the car.

“Because I’m not the Alpha and because if you want to change the treaty you have to meet with Gage in person.” Jason says. They were outside Gage’s pack house, they didn’t bother to call ahead. Mac used her power to see a lot of people in his house, one was bound to be him. “Look at the bright side, maybe you will get to punch him.” Jason says. Mac looks over at him, her brown eyes hard to find in the dark of night.

“Come on.” Mac says, walking over to the door. She rings the bell, Jason looks over surprised to find a big smile on Mac. It wasn’t a happy one, more of a cunning one.

“Are you okay?” Jason asks. Mac turns facing him with the same smile. Her now blue eyes lighting up the night. “Why is War out?” Jason asks.

“I’m fine, and War is… I’m going to go with the word excited.” Mac says. She turns ringing the doorbell again. Jason was happy to see Mac smiling again, but this smile was different. A girl answers, dark hair and bright green eyes.

“Mackenzie.” Jasmine says, looking at Mac. “You need to leave, run now.”

“Jasmine, are you okay.” Mac says referring to Jasmine’s bruised cheek.

“Forget about me, leave.” Jasmine says.

“Who’s at the door Jasmine.” A person calls from the background. Mac’s smile grows a bit.

“I’m not going anywhere.” Mac says, stepping past Jasmine into the living room. She has never been to Gage’s house. It was huge, not bigger than her pack house but it did have a comfy feeling towards it.

“Leave, now.” Jasmine was whispering behind Mac. Jason confused on who the girl is.

“Hello.” Mac says stepping out into the dining room, she followed there scent here. She sees the table set up for a family dinner, she was glad that she interrupted it. The people turn around flabbergasted faces on all of them.

“Mackenzie.” Robert says, a little worried.

“Oh so you do know my name.” Mac says. Jason looks at the family seeing Derrick on the side, he finally fits the pieces together.

There the people that enslaved you aren’t they. Jason mind links. Mac doesn’t answer just nods her head. His hands ball up into fist, but he was wondering why Mac was so happy.

“What are you doing here?” Michelle asks worried. Jason understands, Mac want to make them sweat, maybe even reveal the truth to Gage.

“Alpha business of course.” Mac says, they look at Jason thinking he is the Alpha. Mac’s smile grows.

“Mac.” They hear from the side, before a clanging sound from a tray of food dropping to the ground. Gage runs over picking up Mac into a hug. Looking over at Gage he didn’t look well. Jason wasn’t that amazed he had seen Gage at school, he hasn’t looked well for a month, and for the last couple of days looked like death. “I thought you were dead.” Gage says, tears in his eyes from happiness. Jason grabs his jacket pulling him away from Mac. Her smile vanished into nothing.

“I’m alive.” Mac says, pulling her dress down. She wanted him still, she could feel the sparks when he touched, but also the pain of the rejection again.

“Chloe said I killed you, but here you are.” Gage says, he tries to step forward to hug her again, but Jason gets in the way.

“She’s alive, but we would all prefer if you didn't touch her.” Jason says, earning a small growl from Gage.