Chapter 21

It was early morning when Jason and the group decided to head home. They gave their thanks to Gage, but were quick on the way home.

“Do you thinks she’s here?” Trent asks. They just reached the house, seeing Allen and Blake in the kitchen.

“She is, she is taking a shower. She isn’t looking to good.” Blake says. Jason runs up the stairs to her room, seeing little drops of blood on the floor.

“Mac.” Jason shouts into the bathroom.

“Throw me a towel.” Mac says, inside the shower. It has a door stopping Jason from seeing her. He throws a towel over but Mac doesn’t stop the water, just throws the door open the towel covering her now. He looks down to see her hair dripping wet with water, at the bottom of the shower it was running red with blood. He looked at her, bite marks and many little holes where covering her body. He looked into her eyes, they were still pure black with blue in the middle.

“What happened?” Jason asks, crouching down to her level.

“I don’t remember much, I know I fought off some rogues that attacked, they bite me, sending War in a frenzy from the extra werewolf juice.” Mac says.

“Juice?” Jason asks.

“What else would you call it?” Mac says. “Anyways, I might have killed them, and then I remember a cave. It was filled with a vampire coven. Long story short I have new powers and they are all dead.”

“New powers?” Jason asks.

“Yes I’m not in control of them yet, and more just keep showing up at random times. So far I have; fire, freezing, identical memory, I can control water, and there are some more but I can’t remember them. I must have been bitten by twenty vampires. I think it’s best if I don’t go to school this week.” Mac says.

“You can’t miss another week.” Jason says.

“Yes I can.” Mac says. Her body heating up from anger.

“Shit.” Jason says. “Your whole body just went on fire.” The towel was smoldering.

“I told you I can’t control it.” Mac says.

“So no school, why are you in a shower?” Jason asks.

“Mostly because of the fire thing, also the teeth holes from being bitten by vampires haven’t stopped bleeding. It isn’t much blood but enough that I don’t want to have to clean my sheets.” Mac says.

“Guess that makes sense.” Jason says.

“Now leave.” Mac says, Jason stands up closing the door. “Wait, can you deliver my food to me this week. I don’t want to accidently send something on fire.”

“Sure.” Jason says leaving the room.

“Is she okay?” Katie asks.

“I don’t know how much more awesome she can get, but she is okay.” Jason replies. He sees that John and Jen have come home. “Everything good at Alpha Brett’s pack?”

“Other than him being a giant ass, ya everything’s good.” John says.

“Why was he an ass this time?” Justin asks.

“He just wouldn’t put up with us being there, nor did he believe that Mac could kill his whole pack. Plus it is just the way he acts, like he is better than us.” John says, he wasn’t planning on going over to Alpha Brett’s pack again.

“Ya I don’t like him either, but whatever makes Mac happy.” Jason says.

“So is she coming to school today?” Brad asks.