Chapter 3

Chapter 3

He left her there, going to join the rest on the run. She just continues to lie there, patting the blood next to her. Knowing it was hers, but she didn’t care. She liked the way it dripped off her fingers, landing with a splat back into the puddle. She looked to the side seeing a knife like letter opener on the desk. She smiled, that’s it she can be done with the pain. He wouldn’t stop and she knew that, she didn’t have the strength to run. She just wanted it all to end. She crawls over to the desk lifting herself up enough to grab it, crumpling to the floor in pain. But all she could think, it will be over soon. All of the pain will be over soon. She lifts it up straight above her heart. On the count of three she kept telling herself.

One, she can see the glint of moonlight shining of the letter opener.

Two, she brings it down touching where her heart will be.

Three, she start to scream, dropping the knife to the side she doesn’t need to stab herself she feels like her bones are breaking.

Crack

She can hear the breaking of her bones, each one by one, blood rushing everywhere. All she could think is why couldn’t death be easy for her. It takes hours, and the moon starts to lower before the pain eases up. She looks down at herself hoping that she was a ghost, but knowing that she didn’t die just yet. She sees paws, giant black ones, she stands up and wobbles a bit she is a bit taller than the desk about the same height as her human self. She couldn’t understand if she had become a werewolf, it would be a joke, she despises werewolf.

She looks out the window seeing that the wolves were starting to come back. Including the family, she needed to get out of there. She did the only thing she could think of, finding a new source of energy she jumps out the window crashing to the ground. It hurt, but she wants out of there. She starts to run towards the forest, she finds her new speed and takes off, clocking around a mile in four minutes.

 She was running for thirty minutes, passing a few wolves but none bothered to stop her. She saw a sign saying leaving Montana, she picks up her speed to Idaho, she can get away and stay away was her main thought. She was passing the border when a giant black wolf tackles her to the ground tingles surrounding where the wolf hit her. She looks up at him, he was just as big as her, she wasn’t surprise she knew wolves where big. He was a gorgeous black, with bright blue eyes. But the look on his face made him look surprised. He just stopped and stared, she felt a pull in her wolf to stay but her human side still wanted to run and that is what she did, farther and farther away.

The giant wolf was following her, but after a while she lost him. She ran for a while, the sun coming out. She was thirsty, hungry, and just wanted to stop and rest. She stopped at a lake, collapsing on the ground. She turned back into a human without even realizing it. She looked down at her body; the cuts have healed up but left dark scars where ever he bite or scratched her, a token for life of that night.

She crawls over to the lake, cupping the water bringing it up to her lips. It hurt her to move, but she knew she needed to get father way. She could feel the drowsiness get to her, the black consuming her. She needed to leave but she couldn’t move, she passed out her head using the water as a pillow.

She wakes up a couple hours to a twig snapping sound. She goes on her guard, this time she would rather die than be taken.

“Who are you?” Somebody says from the trees. She doesn’t even care that she is naked, she is nothing but bones, for somebody to find this attractive they would have to be really fucked up. Her mind wanders to Derrick, shivering at the thought of him.

“Show yourself.” She says. She was prepared to run, she knew she was fast. Three guys come out of the tree, all pretty good looking.

“We showed ourselves, now tell us who are you?” One says. They haven’t stepped closer to her, letting her have her space.