Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Over the next couples month all of them would train. Mackenzie, now going by Mac, started to get her old life back. She told her old family she ran away, knowing that if Robert or Michelle caught her they would kill her for telling their secret, beside who would believe her about being kidnapped by a werewolf family. She contacted her publisher, Mac was expecting her to be pissed, but apparently one of her books was sold to a movie, and it was number one seller. Forty-five million was added to Mac’s bank accountant immediately, the sequel book was coming out into theaters soon and she was supposed to get even more money off of it. The publisher didn’t care if Mac wrote another book again. She didn’t bother calling the school or her friends. She didn’t want to go back, it was in Montana and she wanted to avoid that as long as possible. She was now almost twenty-one and ready to start her life over again.

Because of the money she got off her books she didn’t have to work, all she did was train all day. She would run around the forest, trying to get her speed and stamina up. She also went to the nearest town taking Karate classes, it was all humans and she learned through her wolf how to mask her sent for a human. It came in handy when she runs into the occasional wolf in town. She could smell them, but they thought she was human.

To learn how to fight wolves better she would find random rogues traveling through the forest, battling them in human form. They were always up for thinking beating a girl would be easy but after a couple weeks in she started to become the best fighter in their neck of the woods. When the boys weren’t working they were also training with her, all becoming an undefeatable team. Her teaching them such as Karate or tricks she found from other rogues, helped them improve immensely. She was starting to be happy again at moments, it didn’t start out right away, she would still flinch at any quick gestures or duck under the table if somebody made a loud noise. But she was getting better, she was stronger, smarter, and she knew that she was by herself in this world, it gave her the push to train harder. If she wanted to be saved than she would do that herself. She loved her boys, but she done with relying on somebody else to save her.

She was grabbing her clothes, hiding them among the trees. It was her first full moon that she was ready for. A couple have passed but she wasn’t ready to deal with the world. She had transformed into her wolf “War” a couple of times but in the privacy of the forest by herself. She was still coming to terms what she was, and just recently started enjoying being a wolf.

The boys and her were all excited to run as a group, traveling the forest, chasing each other, and enjoying the night. Mac even got up extra early that morning preparing them a big breakfast.

“Mac, grab my extra shorts.” Trent yells from the other room.  They wanted to be extra prepared and hide clothes around their land just in case something happens. Their land was big, spacing out five miles from each side of the house. Mac bought the land around the house once she got the money, the owner was more than happy to sell and now her and her friends could run around and not worry about humans seeing them.

“Hurry up, it is almost eleven.” Mac yells at the boys. They exit the house, all only wearing shorts showing off there six packs.

“Let’s start at the lake.” John says, starting a slow jog towards it, the rest of them following. They make it there within thirty minutes, some of the boys out of breath but Mac fine. She started to stretch out, the boys joining her.

“So do we just run for hours on end?” Mac asks.

 “We do run for a while, but we can do other stuff.” Jason says. He and Mac have become the closest, he was always there for her when she would have her nightmares, running to her room, and holding her until she fell asleep again.

“Tag, let’s play tag.” Trent says, jumping up and down on the balls of his feet. He was the oldest, but acted the most like a teenager.

“That’s a kid game.” John says, he was the youngest in the group but didn’t act it. He was the mature one, always seeing reason.

“Tag sounds like fun. Now let’s get to wolf form. War wants out.” Mac says, finishing up her stretches. She throws her top off, her breast falling loose, she didn’t bother with a bra tonight.

“Damn.” Trent says.

“Nice.” John says.

“What are you doing?” Jason says, stepping in front of her, blocking the view from the guys.

“Changing in to War.” Mac says.

“Yes but you can’t do that in front of us.” Jason says.

“Move.” Trent says trying to shove Jason out of his view.

“It isn’t like you haven’t seen me naked before.” Mac says, dropping her shorts. She didn’t bother with underwear tonight either.

“Shit.” Both Trent and John said.

“That was different.” Jason says.

“How?” Mac says.

“You didn’t have a figure then.” Jason says. Mac looks down and notices that instead of being just bones she now has curves.

“Look I’m going to be naked in front of you guys. Get use to it.” Mac says.

“Oh we will.” Trent says.

“Can’t you change behind a tree?” Jason says.

“I will see you naked and you will see me naked now get over it.” Mac says, shoving Jason out of the way changing into her wolf. The stare before by the guys was nothing when they saw her wolf.

What? Mac thinks.

Because of them being a pack in their own way they were able to communicate through mind link, helping out when their wolf forms needed to attack another predator or if trouble is near.

“You’re huge.” John says.

Is that a fat joke? Mac thinks.

“No like huge for a wolf, you come to my shoulder and I’m 6’3”.” John says.

“I want to ride her.” Trent says, jumping on Mac’s back. He lays his face down in her dark fur feeling the softness run through his fingers.

“Get off of her, she isn’t a horse.” Jason says.

“She is close to one.” Trent says.

Aren’t your wolves my size? Mac asks.

“No, all of our wolves are around here.” He gestures to his mid-section, coming about a foot less than her.

“She is meant to be our Alpha.” Jason says, Trent jumps off of her when he hears this.

“She is.” Trent says.

What are talking about? Mac asks.

“Big wolves are meant to be Alphas, you are part of our pack so you will be ours. I mean you already take care of us and help us out whenever possible.” Jason says.

“Plus your bossy.” Trent says, earning a growl from Mac.

“She is perfect.” John says, getting down on his knee bowing down to Mac.

What is he doing? Mac asks taking a step back.

The others don’t answer her, joining John, bowing down to Mac.

“Our Alpha.” They all say. Mac feels a bit different but she just assumed it was the cold air. The guys knew her shifting of the feet was her feeling the power, and once back in human form a small birthmark of a wolf’s paw would go next to her neck.

Stop being weird, let’s just run already. Mac says. Her tone felt different than what she was used to, the guys got up immediately shifting in there wolves, the brothers turning into a brown colored wolves and Trent turning into an auburn wolf color.

They run for hours, playing chase with each other.