Chapter 25

It had been a month of turmoil. For Mac going from running a pack of twenty two to three hundred and twenty two wasn’t a walk in the park. But she was finally getting the hang of it. Thankfully the council let her out of her duties with school, she was too busy with the rest of the world.

“Collin and John can you guys come to my office?” Mac asks, the boys following. Collin and Chloe ended up joining the pack, but they decided to live out of the pack house making a home for themselves a mile away.

“So what up boss?” John says, taking a seat, Collin taking the other one. Mac’s office was huge, she had the desk taking up most of the space, but the bookshelves covering the walls took space as well.

“First of all I wanted to say good work on training this month guys, John with you teaching them, and Collin thanks for helping out. You brought in some new moves that I haven’t seen before and it was a good addition.” Mac was leaning on the desk in front of them fiddling with her pen. “Collin, I know you were beta in your last pack, but the position is already filled. I’m sorry but Jason is great at what he does and already knows me. But you have been a good leader, both of you have which is why I’m making both of you my third commands.” Mac says, both boys had surprised faces on.

“What would we do?” Collin asks.

“What I mostly want from both of you is to help teach the pack to fight. We have been training every day but I want to be the best and having you both teaching would be good. I know having two third in commands are uncommon but it is a big pack and I hope you can both work it through.”

“I’m game if you are.” Collin says. John shakes his head.

“We can start planning tonight.” John says. They hear a knock on the door.

“That is my next meeting, but welcome to third command.” Mac says shaking both hands. “Come in.” Allen walks in, she was surprised expecting Justin, but not as surprised as Collin.

“Allen.” Collin says surprised. “I thought you were dead, or ran away and got killed somewhere.”

“You sure you weren’t hoping like the rest of the pack?” Allen says, he takes a seat inside the office.

“Where’s Justin?” Mac asks.

“He had to finish off his training, but just exchange meetings with me.” Allen says.

“No I wasn’t hoping, I was worried about you, Gage was losing his mind. Thankfully Mac told him that you were alright.” Collin says.

“I’m sorry I have a couple, if not many meetings today. Can we do this later?” Mac says, grabbing Allen’s file.

“Sure.” Collin say, staring at Allen as he walked out the door.

“Great.” Mac says. “So Allen, I see you have grown to enjoy the pack?”

“I love it here, you, Jason, all the pack, and not to mention Sydney.” Allen says his face lighting up when he was speaking.

Make smiles at him, “I’m happy that you are happy again. Plus you were a great asset to the group, always helping out Justin and Dr. Codwell with the medicine. It has been a great asset to pack.” Mac was talking about how Allen would be the nurse for the other two and always willing to lend a hand. The week before two rogues attacked one of Mac’s pack members getting hurt in the process. The threat was dealt with and Allen all by himself help heal the guy.

“I don’t mind, actually it is always fun and interesting.” Allen says, wondering where the conversation is going.

“Perfect, I offered Justin this a few weeks ago and he accepted and I am hoping you will to. I am hoping you will do me the honor of being the pack doctor along with the other two. It is a big pack and we could use more than one. Of course this is a long process, I have filed for you to go to University of Washington and they have accepted. It would take eight years and if you figure out that it isn’t your dream during the time, then no hard feelings. But I am willing to pay, and of course Sydney has to want to do it as well. But I do believe you would be a great help as a pack doctor.” Mac says, handing over some paperwork about University of Washington to Allen. He was just sitting staring at the papers. All he could think was that over a couple of months ago he was the Omega wanting to off himself, and yet Mac saved him and here she is again helping him.