Chapter Twenty-One

I left the library and arrived to an empty house. I have been moving like casper not attending college and motives. Exams start next week and I'm feeling rather confident about it since I have take my time to look through every past paper in the world. I put my bag down and changed into my house clothes thinking about what to cook. My mum made corn beef stew last night so I might as well make pasta to eat with it. I stared at nothing in particular whilst the pasta boiled. I thought about how I haven't seen Hannah in a while and have not seen any effort to at least check up on me which made me feel some type of way. She was probably busy with her other friends or something. I walked into the living room and put the TV on changing it to hollyoaks.

There was a knock at the door disconnecting me from the TV. I decreased the volume and walked towards the door then looked through the eyehole. Jermaine stood there looking at his phone them looked up at the door. I felt so nervous looking at the hallway mirror checking if I looked decent then opened the door.

"Hi" I said without enthusiasm

"Hey" he smiled putting his phone into his back pocket. I moved aside so he could come in and shut the door behind him. He took his shoes off while I walked back into the kitchen to turn off the stove. He shortly walked in and sat at the dining table tapping his finger on the table.

"Where are your parents?"

I sieved the pasta and sigh silently. "My brother had a car accident so they are staying with him for a couple of days"

"So you'll be here by yourself"

"Er yeah... Do you want some?" I said referring to the pasta

"Yeah"

I dished the food out for the both of us and placed them on the table. As we ate it was so silent as though we had nothing to talk about. The last encounter we had was weeks back when there was a linkup at Hannah's place. He helped me wash up and we walked into the living room.

"Why are you here Jermaine?" How I asked the question was a bit too rude but I was actually confused to why he was here.

"I thought I upset you when you ran out my car"

"I didn't run, i opened the door and shut it gently behind me then walking off"

"So yeah, ever since you ran out my car I've been trying to call you but it kept going to voicemail"

"What exactly did Angel tell you?"

"You're a manstealer" he laughed

"I didn't steal nobodies man, she was just jealous that her man was paying more attention to me than her" I said kissing my teeth. This is why I dislike her, always playing the victim.

"I know you aren't a manstealer. Boys can't help but pay attention to you" he said looking at me. "What like you?" I questioned with a smirk.

He laughed then shook his head facing the TV. I smiled and sat next to him putting the duvet on the both of us.

"What else did she tell you?"

"Something you will tell me in your own time" he shrugged changing the channel to film4. I looked up at him and smiled as his eyes were fixed on the TV.

"Thank you"

"When is it your first exam?"

"Next week Monday"

"You'll be fine"

*

Monday came fast and I had already done my fist paper for biology. It wasn't bad at all because majority of the questions were from previous past papers. I texted Jermaine how it went while preparing for my next exam psychology.