Chapter Twenty

Femi's POV

It has been a months since I last saw Elijah and has been calling my phone nonstop asking me about recording music. I eventually picked up and agreed to meet him after church.

"I knew you wouldn't forget to come" Elijah said locking his phone

The constant phone calls and text messages during church made it impossible for me to forget. I put my stuff down and smiled at him taking a seat next to him.

"So what do you want to do?" He questioned now facing me

Anything besides music I thought. "I dunno, don't have a song in mind"

"I have a selection" he smiled passing me a piece of paper. I read it through and nodded slowly at the selection he gave me.

Dangerously in love was the first song by Beyoncé followed by Ciara - And I but I wasn't in the mood for it because it wasn't how I was feeling. I felt trapped like I wasn't allowed to do whatever I wanted which flipped my mood completely.

I did it anyways, I sang the songs to satisfy him. It was around 5 and he went out to go and get us something to eat. His uncle walked in and shut the door behind him smiling.

"Where is Elijah?"

"He went out, he'll be back soon" I smiled looking back at what my eyes were focused on before.

"Have you recorded?" He questioned standing by the controllers in his sharp suit

I nodded and he pressed the play button which played my first tune. The beat filled the room and he gently rocked his head. We listened to both and he seemed to frown after.

"You ain't in the mood for these songs"

He did something and instrumental started playing, it was the instrumental to Freakum Dress by Beyoncé. My head was nodding to the beat as it was banging, I remember this song so much memories started flooding back. I started smiling chuckling at Elijah's Uncle shaking his head snapping his finger.

"If you know the song let's do this"

*

I was actually dancing and smiling. I got my snapchat out and started recording the surrounding as the song I sang blasted in the background. I posted it in my story and shook my head because it was different and I liked it. The door slammed shut and I turned around to find Elijah standing there with the food in his hands. His uncle stopped the music and greeted Elijah but Elijah wasn't even paying attention he was staring at me.

"Uncle can you leave us for a minute please"

His uncle left and I watched as he put the food down. He walked over to the controller and pressed play. I stood in the corner and fiddled with my finger as we listened to it again from the beginning to the end.

"Is this the type of music you want to be producing?" He questioned lowly.

"It was just for fun"

"Well don't waste your time on something like that, stick to what you usually sing"

"What? About love? Love that I have never experienced but dreamed of? I'd rather not to be honest with you"

"Well that's what you are gonna do whether you have experienced it or not"

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my stuff on the couch heading straight to the door. He pulled me by my arm which hurt, my eyes travelled from his hand on my arm to his face just to make sure this wasn't really happening.

"Get. Off. Me" I bluntly said looking at him

It took him a good 10 seconds for him to let go. I walked out the studio and breathed out. I didn't want to be in this area at all. Once I got home I had a shower and stayed in my bed ignoring his calls and messages he was sending me. I eventually switched it off and slept till the next day.