Chapter Seventeen

I was so bored sitting at the back of the bus with Kaydee. Mum and dad suggested that we should stay with Rico due to our house being under construction. She was sitting on my lap holding onto my hand looking out the window smiling as she adored then birds flying over the houses. My bag was vibrating indicating that my phone was ringing. I looked at the caller ID and it was an unfamiliar number making my face puzzle slightly.

"Hello?"

"YASSSSS BOO!, guess who is in London baby girl!" the other person on the line yelled with excitement

"I don't think I know who this is, perhaps you have dialled the wrong number?"

"Oh girl, it's Hannah your childhood friend"

"Hannah!" I screeched with happiness.

Hannah was my childhood friend who I told everything to. She moved to America and when she did that broke my heart. She was my only friend always there to cheer me up when I was sad but knowing she is now in London I can just feel thrilled and exhilarated.

"Girl, I ain't told you nothing yet! I'm staying here for good!"

he accent is so American I could barely understand what she is saying

"Are you serious! Where will you be staying?"

"Back at the old crib, come and visit me!"

"I will come and visit you don't worry" I ensured her

"YASSSSS, you better come!"

"How did you get my number and I will today, let me drop Kaydee off first"

"Girl your mum hasn't changed her number since, I contacted her and told her to forward it also who is Kaydee? You gotta kid?"

"No Hannah, Kaydee is my little sister" I laughed down the phone

"OHHHH!! So Mr and Mrs Adejo got jiggy with-"

"Hannah stop" I carried on laughing

"In fact come and sleep over at mine so we can have a proper catch up. We have a lot to talk about! I gotta go boo, love ya!"

Before I could say anything she had already cut the phone. It was time to get off and I used KD's hand to press the bell. She slid off my lap and ran down towards the stairs and I quickly grabbed her hand. She giggle and I pulled down her skirt due to it folding up at the back when she slid off my lap.

When the bus completely stopped, we got off the bus and I held onto her hand as we walked down the road.

"1"

"1" she repeated after me