Chapter 5

I lent back in my chair and let my eyes and mind focus on her. My wolf was howling attempting to take over my control begging to be release so that he could grab my mate and claim her. I felt a smirk pull at my lips as I realised that she was mine. For the first time this week I didn't resent my fathers position amongst the werewolf community. I'd heard stories of mates that had rejected each other and the trauma that eventually destroys their lives. She was obviously a powerful she-wolf you could tell by the force that was flowing off of her in waves. I could tell that some of the weaker males felt over powered by her after we mate that power would multiply as we grew closer. The power she was born with proved that her parents where strong alphas and would approve or maybe even encourage our mating. It was the only highlight I could think of that came with being the heir to the strongest shifter monarchy in the world.

I tore my head away to look to the 3 other guys that where the only males in the world that could be equal to me in strength though I doubt they could beat me after I mated with the strongest wolf in the world. It was obvious that she was the strongest because males had to attend every mating ceremony after you turn 18. This was the twelfth ceremony I've attended and she was y far the strongest most beautiful person I have set eyes on in my life. I sighed at how sappy I had become 2 days ago I was hunting down rogues with Luke and Harry for my father yet here I was having lovey dovey romantic feeling for someone that I didn't know the name of let alone had a normal conversation with! I thought I understood the whole mating process from the lectures I had to endure every time I packed to go to one of the ceremonies. My mother was..... excited by the idea of me having a mate but mostly her having gran children. She gave the appearance of being innocent and my father always tried to hide the world from her but she always knew about anything that happened in our lives often before we did. I knew that she would be sitting in the private room provided for my family practically bursting with excitement at the mere thought of me getting a mate. That was the worst part about each ceremony. Every alpha's heir or family member had to stay at the ceremony until the end when the elders, hosting pack members and mated weres would have a kind of social gathering where parents would talk and some mates would.... mate in the bathrooms, wolves where hormonal and when it was two teenagers that recently discovered that they where mates... well sometimes they lose control. I had to sit through each "Social Gathering" and watch the pained look on my mothers as she saw me enter the private room alone every time.

I looked towards the stage again to realise that all the she-wolfs had some and most had gone leaving my mate to dance around on the stage with another girl. I looked to the girl who she was dancing and laughing with. I couldn't help but notice that she paled in comparison to my mate. My mate. I don't think I would ever get used to that. Not for a while at least. I watched as she giggled and her blonde hair fell out of her ponytail slightly as she began to calm down from her manic behavior. I shook my head and chuckled before standing from by chair and heading towards the private rooms to tell my mother so she could have a look of happiness on her face rather than disappointment on her face for once and maybe she would finally tell me about the secret plans shes been making about my wedding since my sister turned old enough to understand what a wedding was.

**************************

sorry it took so long and the fact that this one and the last one where kind of filler :) I will try and post tommorrow if not definitley again this weekxxxx