6. Say Yes To A Dress

Edited

I'm still pondering on the way my mother talked to me almost as if she slightly did not care which was was beyond out of character for her, I started thinking as I laid my head on the window of the car staring at the scenery outside. Could she possibly be up to something? What if she decides to pop into my life today during the ball with a million of one questions.

Who am I kidding she would never, I think.

I was so deep in my thoughts I didn't realize how unbelievably quite it was in the car, the car where Nikki www obviously driving and insanely hushed. I turn my head toward Nikki to see her glaring at me as she purses her lips.

"Oh you're rude as hell!" I had awoken a dragon with my silence.

"Why what did I do?"

"You sat your thick ass in my car without even acknowledging my presence like I'm some type of ghost which I am to dark to be transparent!"

"Nikki, I'm sorry okay, I just got a lot on my mind and my mother called and-"

"You don't even have to explain, if your mama involve in the equation I don't need any explanations but do tell me what did she want now? Did she threaten to catch a flight?" I gave Nikki and pointed look and we both just started laughing.

"No way in hell will she do such a thing and she did nothing." I furrowed my eyebrows

"Nothing?" She gave me a surprise look as she turned head back to the road.

"Yeah she just called talked to me for a little, I told her about the party then she just said okay, have fun, and to call her once I get home. Weird right?"

"Yes weird for your sense but let us stop talking about you mama and focus on our missions, which is shopping. "She sang out the word. "I also got something to tell you."

"Okay."

"So I was talking to Janice, you know our coworker," I nod,  "Well she was acting almighty and shit, she was like me I won't let any type of man date me cause I'm priceless." She mimics Janice voice in a high pitch tone that was completely off but funny.

"I was like bitch please you just haven't been offered the right price, don't matter if he is one minute to two or still in the cradle." I giggled. " I hate when she lies andI know she only said that because Paul rejected her when she tried to flirt with him."

Nikki and I gossip some more before  we reach the mall she was the first to get out as if need were about to attack, and in a short minute I already lost her.

We have been at the mall for the last four hours and I still haven't found anything, but Nikki on the other hand had herself a blue chiffon, flowy dress she looked stunning in the dress with her petite size and I was definitely ready to give up until she dragged me into JC Penny and trust me this it if I can't nothing I'm giving up cause I'm hungry tired and sleepy.

"Nikki I mean it this time this is the last store." I vowed to her not ready to spend anymore precious time to find dresses that did not even matter much.

We have been going through the racks of clothes for hours now and it's getting dark out, I wanted to close my eyes in my warm bed now and sleep, I could hear my bed calling me to the point I was so close to giving up. That was until I saw something winking at me near one of the dressing rooms, I walk near it and it was a champagne dress with black lacing and it was also backless, though I was happy I found something to my taste, it was a little too revealing and I didn't want to look slutty.