Chapter 38

*DAKOTA'S POV*

I took another sip of my hot tea in my cold hands and held my iPhone 5 up to my face in order to read the WattPad fanfic in front of me.

'He took my small hand in his and slowly guided us up the steps to our new apartment. It was a cool shade of grey and Ian said he picked it out himself. It was very-'

"BAAANNNGGG"

I shot up from my position on my bed and practically threw my phone across the room. WHAT WAS THAT OMG. I got up slowly to get the nearest thing to a bat in my bedroom. Who knows, its 1:00 in the morning and a burglary could be happening downstairs. I grabbed an umbrella from the closet and scurried across the room to my door leading to the hallway.

"JESUS CHRIST" I screamed stepping on glass. What the fuck, how did glass get in here. MAYBE THE BURGLAR CAME THROUGH MY WINDOW.

Dakota there is no window in the middle of your room, dumb ass.

I ignored my stupidness and squinted my eyes in order to see at this dark hour. I saw little tiny pieces of glass scattered across the floor along with my white iPhone in front of me. Oops I actually did throw my Phone, god damn it now I have to buy another one.

But....what if I can't buy another one after THE FRICKEN BURGLAR DOWNSTAIRS TAKES ALL OF MY CASH IN THE-

"CRASH"I jumped to the sound from downstairs and stepped yet again on another piece. Ow okay, my foot could be gushing blood for all I know, I need to get down stairs. I limped to my door and looked down the hall to check if the coast was clear. Seeing no one, I proceeded limping my way down the hall to the stair case. I stopped in front of Niall's door and saw him sound asleep. Ok so there is someone downstairs. Holy shit. I tried my best to run over to Niall on my injured foot, but failed and fell right next to his bed. He sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Dakota? Ugh what time is-" I reached up and covered my hand over his mouth. Is he trying to get us killed?!?

"There's someone downstairs" I whisper yelled. His eyes went wide, then to confusion. "Ikoelookecnekciw djic" he mumbled into my hand. I took it off and gestured for him to repeat, but quietly.

"I didn't lock the door last night" he whispered in a scared tone. My eyes grew wide and I jumped up onto his bed, not caring if my foot blood was getting anywhere on the comforter, and pulled the covers over my head beginning to shake in fear of what was downstairs.

"Dakota" Niall whisper yelled in a frantic tone. "Niall I'm scared" I whimpered into the covers. He sighed and I felt his weight being lifted off the bed and footsteps going across the hardwood floor. "What's this red stuff on my floor" he asked. I uncovered myself and looked to him. He was standing in front of the door, bat in hand, looking at my blood. "are you crazy?! Your going down there! Niall he might have a gun!" I ignored his question, whispering sternly to him. He looked to me then turned around and proceeded on going back through the door way. Oh, no way he is doing this. I got up and grabbed his iPhone 5 NOT BROKEN UNLIKE MINE and ran over to him. "Dakota be quieter!" He whispered. I nodded and tiptoed behind him limping on my injured foot, we slowly went down the stairs and into the living room and saw a black leather jacket on the white couch across from the tv. I heard footsteps in the kitchen. I clenched the iPhone in my hands, debating on weather to call the police station or not, and felt Niall put an arm around my waist protectively. He quietly walked over to the door leading to the kitchen, holding me to his side. He nodded to me and I peeked my head through the opening and saw a tall skinny figure with an orange beanie on his head, making a drink with our scotch. Hey! I just bought that! Ugh. I quickly snapped my head back to Niall and whispered to him what I saw, I heard the footsteps come closer and Niall clenched the bat in his hands ready to fight. I saw the shadow coming closer and I scurried over to the couch and hid behind it leaving Niall to beat the guy up.