Chapter 10

Edited-

Dakota's POV.

I woke up to the blaring sound of my phone. I looked over to the nightstand; 11:34 AM the clock read.
I groaned, it's too early! I sleep in on Sunday, especially from the party that took place last night, I need rest.
I snatched my phone and clicked on the accept button. I didn't bother looking at the caller ID knowing my friend Carmen set that as her ringtone.

"What is it Carmen." I said in a rather rude tone. I don't care, it's 11:30 on a Sunday and she shouldn't be calling at this hour.

"Hey, just wanted to say I didn't get accepted into Manchester." She said, her voice sounded like she had been crying. This is terrible, she's been going on and on about how she'd rather go to no other university. How do I tell her I got in?

"What? No! We were supposed to go together!" I said sitting up, now wide awake from her statement. This is killing me, she was the only one really set on attending the university besides our other best friends May and Rose. Plus they didn't play soccer either.

"I know, but I guess they didn't think I was as...talented?" She said, it stung as she said the last part. I groaned and she laughed through the phone.

"So, did you get your paper?" She asked. I bit my lip, once again, how am I supposed to tell her?

"Well...yeah, I did." I said sheepishly, deciding to just cut to the chase.
"Dakota that's great!" She gasped, no hint of sadness in her tone.
Well she's taking this well.

"Yeah," I sighed, "but I wish you could've gotten in too!" I whined. We had this plan of sharing an apartment, now I'm sorta glad we didn't buy it when an offer showed up a couple months back.

"Yeah... me too. But I want you to have the best time there!"
It was quiet for a moment, my eyes still half open from the less amount of sleep I had been getting since my days here. "So, how've you been?" She asked on, I laughed.

"I've been great!" A noise was heard from down the hall, but I shrugged it off just glancing from my door to see if anything had popped up.
Then I remembered the little bundle of happiness crawling into my bed last night.
Where's Caleb?

"How's the One Direction boys?" I could imagine her smirking as she asked me the question. She's always been a huge fan, used to make me watch them on the X Factor, her and Rose we're hooked.

"They've been good..." My voice was quiet as I thought of what they had planned for today.
Maybe Niall would want to hang out.
Or Liam, Zayn, Louis, or Harry.

"What's this about you and Niall Horan?" I immediately blushed and stayed quiet, how did she hear?

"Dakotaaaaaaa I know you like the lad! He's all you mention when we've texted over your trip!" She said, well I had talked about him a bit. God she knew me too well.

"W-What? Pssshhh no." I lied, not even letting myself believe.

"Alright, that's it! I need to see your face right now! Skype me!" I heard rustling in the back, allowing me to shake my head.
I look terrible right now.

"Okay, I'll go get my computer. See you in like two minutes!" I laughed to her.

I hung up and went to my desk, took my laptop and sat back on my bed. I clicked the Skype icon and her contact said she was online. I clicked again on the call button and waited for her to pick up.

"Dakoootaaaa!" She said. I smiled and waved.
It's quite neat how the internet works, I mean, I'm talking to someone, half way around the world, almost face to face.
Her face flooded the screen and I almost scoffed at how incredible she looked, like always.
"How do you manage to look so gorgeous after waking up?!" She said, beating me to the question I was about to pounder on her.
I blushed and looked down at my blue nail polish. Her room looked sorta dark and I remembered it was probably around six there right now.