Chapter 20

Edited-

Dakota's POV

I poured my coffee into my favorite mug and made my way back over to the living room.

I sat down next to Caleb, who has just opened his last Christmas present under the tree. He was hooked on his new Nintendo 3DS I got him, I felt proud knowing I made him extra happy this Christmas.

"Dakota there's still one present left for you under the tree, darling." Katlin said, tapping my back as she walked from behind the couch. I smiled and went over to the red wrapped box with Christmas designs all over it.

I opened the box, and noticed it was flooded with tissue paper. There was a card too,

Dear Dakota,

I know you'll have a great time in college! You've grown up so fast, so I think it's time for you to have a grown up gift. Hope you like it!

Dad xx

I looked over to my dad and he was smiling, gesturing for me to open it up. I looked back to the box and pulled out the packaging, tearing it up I noticed it was... a chocolate bar?

So much for a grown up gift.

I looked over to my dad with a confused face.

"Open the bar sweetie, it's probably the best chocolate you'll ever have." I gave him a weird look, but went back to opening the present up.

Expecting the present to be edible, my eyes only widened seeing under the wrapper was filled with stacks of $100 bills. Did he fucking rob a place? I ran over to my dad and tackled him in a hug.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" I yelled, hugging him tight as he chuckled.

"You deserve it sweetie, you're growing up and you need a little jump start for your bank account." I nodded still holding the $15,000 and went to Katlin and gave her a hug too.

I just finished showering, now walking over to the closet to pick out my outfit for the Christmas dinner tonight. I decided on the white blue floral Abercrombie semi crop top Katlin got me, and some light colored skinny jeans. I matched them with my brown belt, and some earrings.

Hearing the doorbell ring, I ran down the steps and opened the door to let Liam and the other lads in. But not Louis, he went back early to London to see Eleanor. I gave each of the boys hugs and we all went to the living room where the other guests were.

After watching a couple Christmas movies, we all decided to exchange gifts.

I started with Zayn, I gave him his present. He opened it and his face lit up. He smiled and put the it up to his chest, I got him a Nirvana shirt.

"Oh my! It's prefect, Dakota!" He yelled, ramming me into a tight hug. I smiled and moved over to Liam. He opened his up and as his mouth flew open. He placed his hand over it and as he took it out of the wrapping, his smile only grew bigger.

Liam then placed the Buzz Lightyear arm controller on his right arm.

"I love it!" He said, I have him a hug and next I went to Harry. I tossed him the Jack Willis bag.

The bag kind of gave it away, but he still loved the black and grey hoodie I picked out.

Finally, I made my way over to Niall who sat on the opposite couch. His head leaned up and he smiled at me.

Niall was beyond sad, all flights to Ireland were canceled due to bad weather, and the rest of the lads decided to stay with Niall for support. He talked to his mum on the phone almost every hour today, yet the calls stopped three hours ago because they had to go to bed.