Indecision

Bella's POV:

I woke up on the floor with my covers wrapped around me as usual. I sat up, running my hand through my hair, which was in near impossible tangles, and took my clock down from my nightstand to look at the time. I was sure my alarm hadn't rung yet and as I looked at the time, I found I was right. It was ten to five in the morning. I decided I might as well get up since there were only ten minutes until my alarm rang. Turning the alarm off, I pulled myself up from the floor via my bed, and threw my covers onto it.

I dragged myself into the shower then went through my usual morning routine, brushing my teeth, washing my hair, blow drying my hair and leaving the bathroom in a towel. In my room, I pulled on light-washed skinny jeans with large rips and tears on my thighs, my knees, shins and little slashes on the back of my legs on my calves with my knee-high converse boots. I put on a dark blue fitted T-shirt that said 'Question Authority' on it in light purple cursive on the front. The shirt was a V-neck and exposed the winged pendant I always wore underneath my shirt. It was shaped like a pair of white wings and shined with a pearly luminescence. I pulled my hair into a high pony-tail, put my messenger bag on my shoulder, and left for school.

When I got out of my truck a few minutes later, Edward, who had been leaning against his car apparently waiting for me a second before, had magically appeared at my side.

"Hey," he said, his velvety voice low, but cheery. His hair was its usual sexy mess and his eyes were bright and shining.

"You are way too happy today," I said by way of greeting.

He glanced at my face and registered my frown. "A cheery face is worth diamonds, Bella. Smile."

"No."

" Please, Bella? Pretty please with a cherry on the top?" He begged, poking his bottom lip out and opening his eyes wide.

"Why?" I asked him, genuinely curious as well as vaguely irritated.

"Because I've made making you happy my main priority," He said matter-of-factly. "I am officially completely devoted to you." He said it jokingly but I could see the seriousness in his eyes.

"You're not joking are you?" I asked him, alarmed.

"Nope," he replied, popping the –p. "And the way to start is to get you to smile more. Now smile, or I'll see if you're ticklish." He threatened me. I felt my eyes narrow.

"I'd love for you to try," I said dangerously. "Try to touch me and I'll knock you back to whatever delusional planet you came from, Cullen."

Suddenly he stopped in front of me and dropped to his knees with his hands clasped. "Pppppppllllllleeeeaaasssseee, Bella?" Where other people would have looked either stupid or disturbed in that position, Edward looked adorable with his bottom lip out and his big green eyes gazing at me imploringly.

"Get up!" I hissed at him. "You look ridiculous!" That was a big fat lie and I became even more aware of that fact when his eyes narrowed the tiniest bit and crinkled at the corners and the side of his mouth turned up into a crooked mischievous smile.

"I'm going to stay like this until you smile, or, y'know, if you want to do this the embarrassing way, I can always wait until the middle of class and do this in front of everyone. The choice is up to you. Oh, and if you don't smile now, I'll follow you around all day on my knees until you do."

I groaned. Why didn't I know what I was getting myself into when in told him we could be friends? Why had I agreed at all? Had it been the gloriously green orbs he called eyes? Or his caring personality? Curse my weakness for sweet guys!