Sulk

Bella was still sulking hours after her father had left. They moved her into the spare room of their hideout. The Marauders Hideout. As protected as the Burrow, but a bit nicer, though no one ever said so. It was  furnished with the collected money pooled from all four Mauraders. This was because of Lupin’s lack of funds, which the Mauraders also ignored, and Lupin was always grateful for their considerations. Because of them he’d always have a place to live.

Bella was annoyed. Sure she liked the Maruaders, and Lily. Not Peter. But she loved her dad.

She paced up and down her room in a mood.

Lily watched her with a small smile on her face. This was a huge improvement over the news Lily was imagining. The one thing Lily hadn’t expected was the guardianship of Albus’ only child.

“Bella,” Lily said.

Bella looked up and stuck out her lower lip. “I don’t wanna stay here.”

Lily pretended to be hurt as she sat down on the bed. “Don’t you want to stay here with me?”

Bella looked chastened and sat next to her. “I do. But I want to stay with Dada.”

Lily put her arm around her. “But I want you to stay with me for a while. We can hang out, and play games and stuff. It’s lonely being the only girl here.”

Bella smiled a bit. Lily was nice. And she was right. Lily was the only girl. It wouldn’t be fair to her to leave her. “Okay. I’ll stay for a bit.”

Lily smiled back at her.