Important Announcement

I'm really sorry to give you two authors notes in a row (I really need to just shut up and write at this point, I know) but don't worry, the next update is a chapter (And once everyone's seen these notes I'll delete them so the book isn't clogged up with them). I just have to do this to tell you about an important change.

I've lost a lot of my motivation for writing, and it took me a while to figure out why. Actually, I'm still not sure I know, but I do know I'm done making myself miserable over it because I never want writing to be something I dread instead of look forward to. I have to figure it out and that means trying out new things-- or going back to old things. I know some of you like the third person POV, and I brought this on myself, but I feel like it might be one of the things dragging me down. I'm not cut out to write anything longer than a short story in third. So while I can't ignore my reasons for choosing third POV in the first place, since this book does kinda demand third person, I'm going to try writing just Morane's chapters in first person again.

I know this will make the story choppy and isn't advisable at all, but like I said before, if I don't try something to get myself out of this slump I'll probably end up giving up entirely. So I'm going to try it. I might end up going right back to third, or I might not. If it works out I'll rewrite her prior chapters to be in first POV as well, and if not I'll rewrite the first person ones into third.

Again, I'm sorry about this weird week, I hope you guys stick with me while I try to sort through this mess I made. With some luck this change will go smoothly and we'll move into some more action in the story soon!

(Now, off to finish that short story...)