the new beginning

picture to the side is of ashley.

i didn't have the guts to face anyone else anymore. but i was in a dire need of a friend. and i couldn't bring myself to talk to sara or jake. and besides i needed a transport to reach home as the busses were on a strike today. i sighed. what was i going to do now.

i finally decided to walk home by my self. i somehow sneaked out the school from the back door and started walking towards home. it was pretty late. i fell asleep in the class after crying for 1 hour. everyone had left school except a few other students and some teachers.

as i was walking down the street i the a car stopped beside me.

it was jade. i greeted her. i was meeting her after a long time. she had a family emergency and had to rush to her grandmother on the second day of the term.

"hey ash, are you seriously gonna walk this far? i can drop you if you want." jade enquired .

i agreed happily and got in her car. finally i was rescued. the idea of walking so far was dreading me.

"gee, thanks a lot" i thanked her.

i was still sulking over today's incident. which i guess was pretty clear as jade stared at me for a while and then asked me the reason behind it.

i told her each and every detail of the happenings with jake and jason. i couldnt hold it anymore. i needed to lighten my heart by pouring it out to someone. and jade being a good listener, patiently took it all in.

i had been crying the whole journey all over again. i wouldn't listen to her at all. i would just keep crying.

at the end she looked at me without any pity in her eyes. her eyes showed her firmness and how strong she was from inside. she didn't consolidate me, but told me how to leave things behind.

"life is full of obstacles. you cannot just run away from it. you have to face it, no matter what happens. same applies for love. and don't let a jerk spoil your day. if he doesn't like you then you deserve someone far more better. he lost a person that liked him from the core of their heart. but you lost a person who didn't like you. so its a heads up for you."

i stared at her blankly as if she was speaking in a language i didn't know. i got of the car slowly not knowing what to do.

"just think over what i said and call me if you need me." i turned at jades voice. gave her the same blank expression and went inside my house not stopping until i reached my room.

i slammed the door and sat on my bed. i was thinking about what jade had said. it made full sense. suddenly i felt a lot more better. why should i let that jerk spoil my life? he had no right to mess with my life.

from the very moment i decided to hate him. i smirked cunningly as an idea popped in my head. i started scheming for revenge. the jerk had to taste his own medicine.

its time for you to pay, jerk!

****

today i was ready to face jake. things needed to be sorted out. i had enough of this ignoring stuff.

i walked up straight up to jake. but as soon as i neared him my legs started wobbling. i no more trusted my self on what to speak. jake was busy doing his science assignment.

he didn't see me approach him. i decided to turn back. but as soon as i turned i heard jake call me out.

"ashley?" i turned back hesitantly. i couldn't even remember the last time he had called me by my full name. something was definitely wrong.