Chapter 3: Together.

I woke in the morning. Sunlight shining into my face. I opened my eyes and looked down to the most precious thing in my life. Elizabeth. She was awake but still had her eyes closed. She was tracing the mixture of lines and scars on my stomach. She was smiling.

“Good morning baby.” I whispered.

Good morning.” She said, stretching up to kiss me. Even early in the morning, she was still beautiful. 

“Come on babe, we got to go see my Dad. I need to see him. I think I’m going to need your help getting out of there.” I told her.

“Ok, just give me a moment. I don’t want to stop this.” She told me. We eventually managed to get up and get dressed. It felt strange to wear clothes again. It had been so long since I last wore a shirt. I pulled on a white t-shirt (much too tight) and my usual jeans. Sneakers. It felt so unnatural. Who the hell came up with that smart idea? (For those who don’t know, that was a little thing called sarcasm. Not an actual question.)

Elizabeth put on one of her v-neck t-shirts and a pair of jeans. Even in something so simple, she still looked magnificent.

“Ready?” I asked her.

“Yeah, you?” She asked.

“Yeah, let’s go.” I said. I leapt through the window, down to the trees outside. It felt strange not to shift. I was so used to shifting when I was this close to the trees. Elizabeth floated down to me, as usual. We walked through the trees to my Dads house. I hadn’t spoken to him for the better part of six months. Things had changed for the both of us. I was the Alpha male of the local werewolf pack. The pack that only the wolves and a local vampire knew about.

I wasn’t sure I could do this. Could I go back and still be able to walk away? I didn’t know. But I would have to. I would explain the situation to him. It was the only way I would be able to go back after this. The only way I could ever speak to him again.

“You sure you’re ok babe?” Elizabeth asked me. I had forgotten she was with me.

“Err… yeah, I’m fine. A little nervous, but I’m good.” I told her. She squeezed my hand.

“You’ll be fine. He’s still your dad. He’ll still take you in. And if anything happens, I’m here. I’ll help you.” She told me.

As much as I may not like the fact that I was afraid. I was glad that Elizabeth was with me. She was the only person that I wanted with me. The person that meant the most to me. She was right, how could I think anything else? But the same question ran through my mind. Would he still see me as his son? I didn’t know what to expect.

When we got there, I saw my Dad’s car parked on the drive way. He was home. We walked through the gate in the front yard. I knocked on the door. A woman answered. This must be his girlfriend. Angel was right, she was pretty.

“Hello? Can I help you?” She asked.

“Yeah, I need to talk to Andrew.” I told her, gripping Elizabeth’s hand.

“And who should I say is here?” She asked again.

“Tell him it’s Paul.” I told her. When she heard my name, she turned pale, then a slight shade of green.

“Andrew, come here please sweetheart.” She called behind her, her voice starting to shake. I heard my Dad move toward the door.

“Holy shit. Paul, is that you?” He asked when he saw me.

“Yeah Dad, it’s me. I need to talk to you.” I told him.

“Yeah, sure, come on in.” He smiled at me. I walked past him. I went through to the living room. It had changed since I was last here. Obviously my dad’s new girlfriend had her way with the house.