Chapter 13 ~ Go back to your hatin'

Chapter 13

After we ate, we went out to get some ice cream from the Blue Moon Ice Cream Parlor. We ended up getting kicked out because we started throwing ice cream at each other. It also could have been that we had hit more customers with the ice cream than we had ourselves.

“Well, that was fun.” Levi had a huge grin on his face as he opened my car door.

“Yeah, I was surprised when that one old guy picked up the ice cream and threw it back.” I licked my still sticky fingers. “But then some guy decided to stand in front of me.” I stared pointedly at Levi as he got in the drivers seat.

“Hey, I was just protecting my girlfriend. It would've hit you in the face otherwise.” He gave me a cute smile.

“You really like that word.” I mused.

“When it's you, who wouldn't?” I held back an 'aww' and smiled at him. I turned in my chair and laid against his side with a yawn.

“You can go to sleep. I'll wake you up when we get home.” He started the car after kissing my forehead.

“You make it sound like we live together.” I joked. He chuckled and I took a deep breath. I could smell all different flavor's of ice cream on him. I fell asleep to the smell of chocolate and berries.

I could hear a car door being opened and lightly closed. I knew Levi was picking me up, so I wrapped my arms around his neck and snuggled into his chest without hurting my nose. He chuckled and closed the door with his foot. I could feel his body stiffen but I didn't think anything of it till he spoke.

“What do you want?” I heard him growl. I snuggled closer to him, hoping to calm him down. I didn't know who he was talking to, but I could clearly feel the tension in the air. “Stay away from my girlfriend.”

“You're only gonna hurt her.” I tried not to jerk up as I heard Lee's voice flow through the air. Why would he be talking to Levi? He doesn't even talk to me.

“She's different. I like her.” I smiled as his arms held me tighter.

“That's what you always say. What happened to Phoebe?” Phoebe? I was on full alert now.

“My Dad didn't like her, so I dropped her.” His Dad didn't like her? What if he doesn't like me? “He will like you Rudy. You're amazing.” I said that out loud. “Yes, you did. Now, Lee leave me and my girlfriend alone.” He marched right up the steps with me in his arms. I struggled to look at Lee and was startled by his eyes. His face was expressionless, but his eyes told a whole other story. He looked torn.

“I'm tired.” I murmured, wanting to be away from Levi to clear my head.

“I'll tuck you in.” I rolled my eyes.

“I'm not three.”

“But you're my girlfriend and I want to.” I rolled my eyes but let him carry me up the stairs and set me on my bed. “Goodnight Rudy.” I could see him looking hungrily at my lips, but he only pecked me on the forehead before leaving. I heard the doorknob click and sighed in relief as Jaws came in.

“Hey boy.” I scratched his ears and hugged him. “Am I the only one that thinks something is up with Lee and Levi?” I asked him quietly.

The way they stared at each other, with so much hate. Whenever they got caught by me in a staring contest, they'd pretend nothing happened. Their conversation, not even five minutes ago, was puzzling.

“Let's get to the bottom of this.” I told Jaws and marched diligently over to my bedroom door. I was going towards Levi's room till I heard the continuous beat of a familiar song. I smiled at Jaws as I could hear Lee begin to sing the song: Gallery by Mario Vazquez.