Chapter 12 ~ I'm Sorry

I personally think this is one of my favorite chapters. I think a few people might not like it, but I had already planned for it to happen. So it is. Confused? Ha, You'll understand.

Rue

Chapter 12

I started to cry again as they took me back inside. Thankfully, they didn't take me into the white room. I'd probably pass out from it like I had the time before.

“Ah, Rue Dee Rainheart. Remember me?” I practically choked Lee as my arms held Lee's neck in a painful grip. Of course I knew that voice.

“Get away from me.” I spit out bitterly.

“Wait, are you Doctor Jackson?” I heard Angelie gasp.

“Yes, I was the doctor that was called every time Miss Rainheart was brought in.” Shudders ran through my whole body as his voice made my skin crawl. I heard Angelie swear at him and slap him across the face.

“We want a different doctor. If you don't bring us a new one, I will tell the cops what you did!” I felt Lee freeze below me.

“What did he do?” Levi sounded annoyed, but curious. Doctor Jackson swore back at her but left. Everyone could hear Angelie calling him a bunch of names under her breath. I shook at the thought of another male doctor, but let out a sigh of relief when I heard a females voice.

“Well, it looks like you just broke the bridge of your nose. I'm gonna have to move it back into place and I'm not gonna lie, it'll hurt. Your nose will be a little more....oddly shaped, but that usually happens with all broken noses.” I slowly pulled my head back and looked at the doctor. She didn't look a day over twenty-five with her tan face and ginger colored hair. “Are you ready?” I slowly nodded as she placed her fingers on my nose. A cry escaped my lips as she moved my nose back into place. Lee, surprisingly, rubbed my back soothingly as I cried again. “You'll have to wear this nose brace at night so that your nose doesn't shift back out of place.” I shakily took the brace from her and let her clean the blood off of my face.

I took deep breaths the moment Lee carried me out the door. I slowly dropped my feet to the ground and released his neck. I opened my mouth to say something but was pulled into a hug.

“Never do that again.” Levi whispered against my neck making me shiver. I turned away from Lee's hurt expression and turned around to hug Levi properly.

“I thought I could do it.” He pulled back and wiped away the last of my tears.

“Well, that date went bad.”

“That was my fault, but going” I took a deep breath, “here didn't really help.”

“Why are you so scared of hospitals?”

“Hey you two love birds, it's time to get away from here.” I silently thanked Angelie and slid my fingers into Levi's hand. He smiled at me and gave them a light squeeze as we walked to my car.

“Jezzy, you were suppose to break down.” I joked but lightly choked on my words. I hopped in the passenger seat, allowing Levi to drive. Lee rode in Angelie and Adam's car.

“Rudy?” Levi asked nervously.

“Yeah?” I looked over at him to see panic on his face. “Levi, what's wrong?”

“Oh, ah, nothing, never mind.” I raised an eyebrow.

“No, you were gonna say something.” I urged, wanting him to continue. He had me curious and it was helping me keep my mind off that horrible place.

“I don't have a chance anymore, do I?” It was a question, but sounded more like a statement.

“What do you mean?”