Day nine:

Day nine:

It was after school and I hastily sneaked into the library. Even though there was a plastic sign on the door saying ‘closed’ I decided to ignore it and break my way in (well, I walked in because it was open.). Making sure nobody was near or around, I sprinted deeper into the forest of towering shelves, past the work desks, past the bathrooms and found the computers. I pulled up a seat at a desk and searched and searched with not know what exactly I was searching for, what do I type in? How to spot a criminal? What do you call someone who can speak in people’s minds? My eyes were draught, my fingers pushing furiously on the keyboard knowing in the back of my mind that time was running out and soon someone would come in and find me here. I should have left, but I was resolute to finding what I needed-slash-wanted.

 “Find what you were looking for?” he said; his breath on my ear. I jolted, closing the internet window and returning to the desktop. I was so sure I had done it slyly, but his face told me otherwise. “What were you doing?” he asked his masculine tone sending chills down my spine.

 “Err, um, just nothing...” I said, swivelling on my chair to face him and knowing the second it’s out it’s unconvincing.

“Looked a lot like ‘nothing’.” He grinned, lowering himself onto a nearby chair and rolling it closer to the point where our knees were almost touching.” You know, this is a very bad place to be hiding.” He said, eyebrows raised, eyes looking me over, taking me in.

“I wasn’t hiding...I was studying.” A lie. The only thing plausible at the time. At the same time I was wondering how he knew I was in here, or how he got in, seeing as the library is always supposed to be closed after school hours.

“Next time, don’t leave the door open.” He said, answering my question and hooking a thumb behind him in the route of the door. “So about this date you so willingly agreed to go on with me—“

 “There’s no date.” I snapped, resulting in a laugh from him.

 “...that almost hurt, but I know in the far corner of my mind that you are secretly prayerful for a date.” I stared at him, eyeing his cool attire: his favourite choice in a black leather jacket- despite the warm weather, a red button down shirt and black leather shoes that were so shiny one could see their reflection in them. He leant back in the chair flexing his toned arms behind his head stretching the red shirt against his firm pecks. “Like what you see...?” he said, cheeks spreading so wide exposing his white and straight teeth.

“No because you’re in the way.” I said, narrowing my eyes, folding my arms and trying not to move, knowing the slightest movement would cause our knees to rub and accelerate my beating heart.

He laughed; it was a sound so simple so euphonious it made me soften a little. “I’m not gonna lie, that was a good one.” He said, gently clapping his hands together emanating an inaudible sound and when he stopped his eyes flashed a colour I was so sure was not blue but before I could study it, it vanished.  “So tonight.”

“Tonight, Tonight what?”

“Is our date.” His eyes locked with mine and for a while I was towed in by the colour of his eyes. I shook my head abating his offer.”I wasn’t asking...” The chair squeaked with his leaning towards me, our faces inches apart I could smell his suave masculinity. “I’ll drop by around...well, you pick.”

“Ok, um half-past never.” I said realising it was a silly remark and regretting it ever having left my mouth. My eyes travelled to him and tried to see past this cool, attractive, flirtatious, bad boy facade but found nothing-nothing to add up to what I was told by a certain teacher.