Day two :

Day two:

I woke up with the biggest headache and I think I was hearing things. I stuffed my pillow on my face and arched it over my ears to block out the noise that would-not-go-away.  Last night was a blast, I had a great time and I hoped I got recognized by the school’s majority. Though I think I had a bit much to drink, I mean a lot to drink. I had never had so much to drink in my life.

Ever.

When the pain had reduced, I sprung out of bed and-

My room was different, the walls were painted red with black stripes, and I didn’t own a flat screen T.V. especially one that big. I was still in my day clothes. I rubbed my eyes and blinked a few hundred times to ensure this was reality.  What? I was confused. I couldn’t remember what happened last night. Suddenly, a ray of light pained my vision and I groaned.

“Well, don’t you look a mess?”

I turned around sharply admiring Oryan in his white PJ bottoms and grey vest. His eyes glistened with amusement as he sipped some liquid from his mug.

I rubbed my head furiously. “What happened? How...um, did anything...?” I struggled to find words. Did you and I have sex in your bed I could have easily put it. But being the honest wimp that I am...

“yes.” He said seriously and sipped his drink again. My eyes widened in horror and I fell onto the bed. “Jaide, I’m only kidding. No, as much as I like you, were only friends. Look, a friend of mine said you were a bit tipsy and took brought you up here. That-is-all” I sucked in a deep breath and released it after I took in his words. I sat up and saw his very amused expression; I picked up one of his black pillows and chucked it at him.

“Jaide, why don’t you tell us about yourself?” the woman smiled down to me. I sat forward in my seat and glanced at the many eyes that were on me. I bit my lip as my mind debated with my body whether or not I should go up there and speak to the class. Well as I suspected, I stood up and my feet dragged me to the classroom front. My mouth parted but words never came. I met the eyes of many mocking ones.  Get yourself together I told myself.

I laced my fingers together. “Right so, um, I’m jaide”

“With an ‘I’” Oryan shouted from the back of the room and a few snickered,

“Right, yeah with an ‘I’...” I licked my lips and hoped in that split second something else would spring to mind. But it didn’t.

“OH MY FRICKIN, GOSH!” a busty redhead said. “Would you just get on with it.” she stared at me with her bored expression and waited... “What a loser, she can’t even talk about herself. Are-you-that-stupid.” She poked her head mocking me.

“Lay off Dena” Oryan scolded her.

I stood erect. “Fine. You wanna hear about me. I’m Jaide Xang, not my real name since my mother left me. A nice Korean woman adopted me, her name is Ming. So I was brought up in Korea-”

The redhead smirked. “So you’re Asian, but not Asian.” Somehow this seemed amusing to everyone in the class except two in the back: Oryan, and the guy I saw yesterday with the muscles and silver framed glasses. I looked at his eyes and could have sworn for a second that they turned gold but that could have been the sun- or his glasses. Oryan sent me a sympathetic look.                                                                                             I hit me to wonder what kind of school this was, even the teacher was snickering. I could no longer take this humiliation and burst out of the room. I ran to the only place I knew of- the glass benches beside the white crossed path at the front of the school. I was hurt but could not find a tear within me to surface. I just sat there in silence in the heat, my fists clenched so tightly on my thighs. I tried to cry, they say it helps to clear some of that emotion... It wasn’t happening.