In Which the Heroine Meets Her Match

Gabe began convulsing. I covered my mouth with my hand. Just my luck.

Just when I thought he was going to die, he stopped. "Need... To... Go," he whispered.

I shook my head. "No way I'm leaving you."

"There's no time to be sentimental. Get out while you can."

"Gabe," I hesitated.

"GO," he yelled. "Get out! RUN! Don't look back."

I paled but obeyed him. I heard some shouts and yelps of pain, but I couldn't dare turn back.

***

Eventually I made it to the door, opened it and I slammed it shut.

"Well, well, well. What have we here?"

I turned to see a slender, blonde man. James.

He was leaning against the wall, arms crossed, looking at me intently.

"I-i-i," I stuttered.

He grinned. "Jane is going to love this."

"Please. Just let me go, I'll leave, and never tell a soul. I promise."

"You?" He fell into a fit of laughter. When he finally ceased, he said, "You honestly think I would let you just walk out of here? Not a chance, Princess. You're far too important for that."

I wasn't going to down without a fight. I kicked him, and turned to run, but he caught me. "Nice try, but that's not going to stop me." He smirked. "Let's go." With that, he picked me up and flung me over his back.

I tried to fight him, but he somehow immobilized me.

My world became black.

* * *

The first thing I sensed was light. Attempting to open my eyes, I groaned. The pain in the back of my head had returned. My vision was blurry. Slowly, I sat up. I had been lying down on a table. The room was made of dull, dark, grey stone. The lighting was dim. There not a single sound.

I was alone. I tried to conjure a door to get out, but nothing. Not a window. Not even a small crack in the wall. Fiona was gone, and I was alone. Completely and utterly alone.

Upon examining my surroundings, I observed a bookcase. I crawled towards it, trying to ignore the pain in my head. Everyone knows that a good haunted house has a... Yes!

I pushed it, and it moved aside. A hole was in the wall behind it. And there was sunlight.

Eagerly, I rushed towards it, hoping that this was my chance of escape.

"Eva?"

~A/N

Apologies for the short chapter, my dears, but I'm trying to get into the swing of writing again. Updates should be more regular starting now. I've missed you all!! Cheers:D

Also...

If you liked this story, go and check out my latest one, SeaGlass. I've only put up a prologue, but any votes or feedback would be greatly appreciated.