Chapter 18: The Results

Harry's POV: 

This can't be happening. Not now, not again. Why can't this just be over and done with. They found another tumor on Louis' left lung. 

"Are you Harry?" A nurse said as she approached me. 

"Yes ma'am." I said. 

She looked at Louis who was actually talking to Jason at the moment. Bridget and the rest of the lads surrounded him as the TV was showing Titanic. "May I speak to you outside?" She whispered to me. I frowned my brows but nodded and followed her out into the hall. "Please don't say anything." She started. "I know you're his best friend so I wanted to tell you this, but the doctor doesn't want everyone else to know just yet cause it's not set in stone yet." She rambled and sighed. "But we don't know how much Mr. Tomlinson has left to live. To get that tumor out he would need open chest surgery and he might die from that, and if we leave it, it might spread and you can figure out what happens from there." She stood with her arms folded into her and she kind of crouched in front of me, like she was afraid of what she was saying. "I'm terribly sorry." 

"Give him the open chest surgery." I said without hesitation. "He may die from that, but there's still a chance he will live. If we leave the tumor there then he will die, and not as an old man."  

The nurse nodded. "I figured you would say that. I'll tell the doctor. We were planning to do that anyway from our better judgement, but... We need to make sure with Mr. Tomlinson." 

"I'll talk to him... Just him, not everyone else." I told her. 

She gave me a warm smile. "Thank you.... Mr. Tomlinson is lucky to have you as a friend." 

I smiled at her and she left. I went back into Louis room to see that he was now off the phone and chatting with the lads and Bridget. Bridget held his hand tightly and kissed his forehead every now and then. "Um, may I speak to Louis alone please." I asked. 

They all looked at me funny, especially Bridget. "If this has something to do with his health then I should know." Bridget said. "I am his nurse." 

"Bridget please... You're also his girlfriend, and I promised I would just speak to him. It's his decision anyway." 

Bridget looked to Louis with concern. "Go on Bridget. If he promised, he promised." 

Bridget sighed but left behind the boys, closing the door. "How do you feel?" I started as I sat in a chair by his bed. 

Louis rolled his eyes and let out a laugh. "Get to the point Harry." 

I sighed. "You're dying." I mumbled, but I knew he heard me. 

"And what's new?" He said with another laugh. 

"No, Lou this isn't a time to joke." I said, looking at him with a serious face. "I mean like you're dying quickly. They don't know how much longer you're going to live." Louis' face dropped at that. "You have the option to get open chest surgery, which you might die from but you have a better chance of living than if we just leave the tumor there." I told him. 

Louis' features changed to anger and he shook his head. "Damn cancer." He mumbled. "What's the fucking point anymore... I'm going to eventually die anyway sooner than everyone else, so why try anymore." 

"Because you have people who love you Lou." I told him, standing up now. "Think of Bridget, your mum, your sister." I sighed. "Niall, Liam, Zayn,... Me! We wouldn't be able to do this without you. We've said it before and I'll say it again. Zayn may be quitting, but there's a big difference between quitting and dying. We will still see him if he quits, but we will never see you again... Not on earth that is."  

Louis sighed. "I guess I can't give up then can I." He said, with a forced smile. 

"No, I guess not." I gave a small smile. "So another surgery it is." 

"Harry..." Louis sighed. "You do realize that even if the surgery is a success... I'm probably only have at the most ten years left." He told me. 

"Who knows... They might somehow cure you." 

Louis smiled at me. "I seriously doubt it... But sure." 

"We love you buddy." 

He smiled at tad bigger. "I love you all too... You're like family, and I finally get some brothers.... That's not a baby that is." 

I chuckled at that. "I always wanted a brother... And now I have four." I started heading towards the door. "You should call your mum... Tell her that you're getting surgery again... I would leave out the other bit." 

Louis chuckled. "No, I'll leave that out for now." We both laughed and I left to leave him to call his mum. 

*Comment what you think will happen after surgery? Like, do you think he's going to die or not? Is Zayn going to quit the band still? What about Bridget?? Hope y'all like it :)