Chapter 5- Meeting Bridget

Louis' POV:

It's been a week since my surgery, so the pain in my hip settle somewhat. We were currently on our way to perform in Dallas Texas and my chest picked tonight to cause me problems. I put my hand on my chest, as if that was to settle the pain.

"You okay Lou?" Harry asked.

"Um, yea. I'm...Fine." I was short of breath.

"You don't sound fine." Liam said. "Zayn, reach in the back and grab his oxygen tank."

"No, I'm...Fine."

Liam shook his head and Zayn reached over and grabbed my tank. They put it next to me and Harry put the mask to my face. "Maybe it wasn't a good idea for Mrs. Jay to go home?" Niall said.

I shook my head. "She wouldn't be able to do much if she was here." I said taking off my mask for a second. "She needed to spend time with my sisters and brother." Harry forced me to put the mask back to my face.

"I don't know if she told you, but a permanent nurse is coming to travel with us... You're Mum agreed that she does need to spend time with her family and realized that you can take care of yourself, but she is a mother so she's making sure you're health is taken care of with a nurse." Harry told me.

I just nodded. It was good that my mother was actually going to be spending time with my family and not spending all her time taking care of me. "What's their na-" I started but Harry pushed the masked to my face again.

"You need air for tonight." He told me. "And her name is Bridget." I just nodded again, getting the oxygen into my lungs. My chest started to feel better thankfully.

My phone started to ring but Harry picked it up before I could get it. "I got it." He said answering it. "Hello? Yes ma'am. No, he has his mask on right now... No he's fine, he just lost breath a little... Yes ma'am, alright, bye." He hung up the phone and handed it to me. "It was your mother."

I sighed, still holding the mask to my face. "You'll meet Bridget tonight Lou." Zayn said patting my shoulder. "She's a very lovely girl, she's actually from Texas. " I simply nodded again, closing my eyes to concentrate on getting air in.

Liam's POV:

"Are you sleeping baby by yourself, or are you giving it to someone else." Harry sang along with Zayn as I watched Louis. I honestly was worried about him. He held his chest and he looked as if he was breathing unevenly.

"You okay mate?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yea, I-I just need a second. I'll be fine in a minute."

I nodded but still kept an eye on him. I noticed Niall taking a few worried glances in his direction as well. When it came to Louis' part, he sang it fine, but I noticed he was losing breath as he sang. I think the boys noticed it too, but none of us said anything.

"You okay?" I heard Zayn whisper to Louis.

Louis nodded. "Yea, it's my hip. It's bothering me, but I'll be fine." He told him. I think it's more than his hip. He wouldn't be losing his breath if just his hip hurt. Louis' hiding something, as usual, but we just need to figure out what?

Bridget's POV:

I sat on the couch in the main room of the boys hotel sweet as I waited them to arrive. I was to be Louis' new nurse, and honestly I was quite excited. I have been a fan of the boys since they came out, and Louis was my favorite member. When Mrs. Jay called and asked me to be Louis' new nurse I was shocked. For one I wasn't sure why she called me out of all the nurses, and two I had no idea he had cancer. She told me I had to keep it a secret and she picked me because my sister advised me, but I'm honestly not sure how she even knew my sister?

My thoughts were interrupted by five very handsome boys came walking in. I already new their names, and I'm guessing they new mine. "You must be Bridget." Harry said with a smile.

I stood up and shook each of their hands. "Yes." I answered. "I already know all of you." I turned to Louis. "Well, I guess I'll get to know you the most." I said with a smile.

He gave me a weak smile. "I suppose. I-I'm going to bed." He said.

"Get some rest Lou." Harry said.

"Here's your tank." Liam said handing him an oxygen tank.

"Thanks." He huffed out and left the room to what I assume it was his room.

"He's short of breath and looks to be in pain." I said.

"Yea, but he'll never admit it. I think something is seriously wrong but he's not telling us." Liam said.

I hummed in response. "Well maybe he'll tell me once I get to know him better..."