Chapter 8- Cat scan... Again

Louis' POV:

I sat in the damn doctors office for the umpteenth time. Bridget swore that I had to go and the doctor just told me he wants to do a cat scan... again... to be sure. "See, all they're doing is a cat scan." Bridget said with a smile.

"Yea, then they'll find another tumor, or lung failure, or something and I'll have to get another surgery." I complained as I laid on the doctor's table.

Bridget sighed as she stood next to me. "I know... But we want to make sure... We want you to stay healthy."

"Stay healthy?" I gave a sarcastic laugh. "Bridget I haven't been healthy since I was fourteen!" My voice slightly rose. "You mean you're just making another road block until I die. That's all you're doing. Procrastinating on my death!"

"Louis.." Bridget sighed. She hesitated on whether or not to touch me. She rested her hand on my forearm. "Don't say things like that." She sighed again. "Look, we only do this because we care about you and, don-"

"Yea, save it. I heard the same speech from Harry." I snapped, interrupting her. I sighed shaking my head. "It's a fact that I accepted... I don't know why you all don't do the same..."

"Louis I'm going to do everything in my power to prevent that from happening. I know I just met you but I don't want you to die, and I don't want you thinking that you're going to die tomorrow." She ranted. "You need to have in your mindset that you are going to live, and not even cancer can bring you down."

I just looked at her, my mouth slightly open. "How are you so positive..." I asked. "I stopped loosing hope after my second chemo treatment failed to work..." I looked down at my hands as I fiddled with my fingers.

Bridget didn't say anything, or move. I assumed that she was lost for words until I felt soft lips on the skin of my cheek, her lips lingering a bit. "That's what you need to fix." She told me. "You need to always have hope... Cause a lot of people are going to miss you if you go."

I sighed and gave her a weak smile. "Thanks... But that's harder than it sounds." I chewed on my bottom lip some. "You're not the one with cancer..."

Bridget was about to say something when the doctor and a few other nurses walked in with a roll bed. "Mr. Tomlinson?" I sat up straight and nodded. "Come with us sir." A nurse smiled at Bridget. "You can wait here Mrs. Tomlinson."

"Oh, um. I'm not his wife or anything. I-I'm just his nurse." Both of our cheeks turned pink and Bridget bit her lip.

The nurse still smiled and laughed. "My mistake, I'm sorry." I moved from the table to the bed and they told me to lie down. "He'll be back in about twenty or thirty minutes... Hopefully." The nurse told Bridget.

Bridget nodded. "I figured. Louis I'll call the boys when you're about done." I nodded to her and they rolled me away... another twenty minutes of me staying completely still... again.

Bridget's POV:

I sat in the small room reading my book when Harry, Liam, Zayn, and Niall came in the door. "Hey, he's still not done?" Harry asked.

I finished the sentence I was reading and put my book down. "Nope. He's been gone about thirty minutes so he should be done soon... hopefully."

"What do you mean hopefully?" Zayn asked as he took a seat next to Liam on the table where Louis once sat.

"If he gets back quickly that means they didn't find anything." I answered. "Now a cat scan normally last about twenty minutes, minus the prepping, so again hopefully he'll be back any minute now.