Chapter Two: Working for Poopy-face Axford

5 hours ago when my life was still perfectly normal

I held my breath as I scrubbed the dog poop off the porcelain tiles. Well, if it isn't Bessie who thinks everyday is bring your dog to work day. I scrubbed harder and harder, imagining the poop is the face of my boss's niece, Mr. Poopy-face Axford. I went back to the supply room to get air freshener.

My rent is hanging over my head like a thick black cloud. I would have quit this job decades ago if it didn't paid good. Truthfully, I won't ever find a good job or a job better than scrubbing shit off the floor.

The thing is; getting kicked out of Axford Industry is like failing a college entrance test. No one will give you a high positioned job once they know the Axford's gave you the thumbs down. But Mr. Poop-face has me wrapped around his finger like a string puppet. He won't have picked on me if I didn't spill his fresh brewed coffee all over his thousand dollar tux and stuck my tongue at him before scampering away. Obviously, that's before I knew he's related to my boss.

But isn't it more than fair already? He has already made my day all time low when he forced me to pay him the overpriced dry cleaning bill. Why does he still need to tinker with my job application and make me suffer endlessly?

I frowned. I had applied for the position of a manager-- not a janitress. I feel so vulnerable, letting people roll over me.

When I was in grade school, I tried out for soccer. Boy! Did that turn out bad! Actually, I didn't suck at the sport but I accidentally kick the soccer ball flat on Veronica's face on the first day of practice. From that day on, her minions made sure I have a tough day at school every day.

Kat if I recall, would shove into me making me spill all the contents in my bag all over the floor. And Veronica deliberately kicks the soccer ball on my face with every chance she gets. Sadly, the coach always turned on a blind eye at these incidents because Veronica's dad donated a pretty hefty amount of money to do school each year. Like they say, money makes the world go round. Some of her cronies would spread nasty rumors, like how I was so scared during my first recital and peed on my pants.

No one dared talking to me aside from Mike who was always stressed out and couldn't help chewing the ferrules of his pencils. He was my best friend and he paid the price for it. He was branded a "ferrule chewer" in our yearbook and from what I've heard the nickname retained when he was in college. Poor Mike. That must be the reason why Mike never contacted me again after he moved away. See the fate that befalls the people who became my friend? I'm like a plague.

People started calling me pee pee Clary. No matter how hard I tried to avoid them they made sure I got my daily dose of shame. To hide from my embarrassing life I had to complain about stomach ache just to stay away from school and bail on soccer. Déjà vu isn't it? My life seems like an endless cycle of tragedy.

I am in misery

There ain't nobody

Who can comfort me

Why won't you answer me?

The silence is slowly killing me

Girl you really got me bad

really got me bad

I'm gonna get you back

Even Adam Levine can relate to how I feel right now. But instead of a broken heart that can be mended. I have a sad life I can't escape from. But from this day on, I Clary English will give whoever bullies me, a piece of my mind.

I was still in the middle of my reminiscence when I heard a loud thud. After debating whether or whether not to check it out, I decided to turn a deaf ear to whatever it is.

Smash.

I sigh, some things cannot be ignored. I reached for the door knob. Better clean whatever that is. I bet someone dropped a mug of coffee again. But all those screaming make sit way too exasperate for a shattered mug.

"Hands up! Everything in the bag!" I froze looks like it's not coffee I'll be cleaning up but blood... if I even make it out alive.

What do I do? I'm in a janitor's closet with nothing but a mop and a bottle of Glade.

Okay, so what if I use Glade as pepper spray then aim the mop at the burglars and make a run for it. Yes, that might work if there's only one of them. I lean towards the door frame, goose bumps crept all over me. What's my queue? Do I just blast out like this? I held on the door knob, closing my eyes and took a deep breath.

Ready.

Set.

Bang! Bang!

Ok, maybe not... I dropped everything I was holding frantically. They have guns. Now is not the best time to fret. My legs turned jelly making me plop down on my bum.

Fingers-crossed, that's all I can do for now, and hopefully they aren't interested in stealing mops because that's all I can offer.

A/N I've been watching Gossip Girl lately. Tell me; are anyone else here Chair fan? <3

PS Does anyone know how to do indentations here on Wattpad?