Chapter Eight: Affluent People's Superhero

I continued to stare at him, hoping that he would grin and tell me he was kidding. But that didn't happen.

"Clary, give me the key. I'm serious." He glared at me.

"I swear it's not with me. For all I know, it might be with you. You're hiding it somewhere, aren't you?" I narrowed my eyes and waved my fist at him.

"You were the one who cuffed us together. The key must be with you. If you don't hand it over right this moment, I will let you starve to death."

"Please, I would rather starve than eat anything you cook." I rolled my eyes dramatically.

"Alright. If the key really isn't with you, tell me where you found the handcuffs. Maybe the key is also there."

"It was on the table, right below the blueprints." I pointed. Sadly, the key wasn't there. We searched everywhere but there was no sign of the key. And as we searched, we blamed each other for the lost of the key. Our futile search only came to an abrupt end when my stomach started growling.

"I'm starving, Ash. Can we have a break?" I pouted, tugging on the handcuffs. "Do you have anything I can eat?"

"I have some eggs in the fridge but I'm afraid the stove is broken."

"The microwave will do. You really don't have any cooking experience." I smiled and he smiled back. "I finally figured out why you kidnapped me, your stomach has gone through enough of your horrible cooking."

"Why don't you teach me the art of cooking, master? I might turn out to be a gifted chef awaiting for the right one to cultivate my talent." He chuckled.

"I'll teach you how to do it. Then you'll cook something for yourself afterward." I didn't trust him when it came to handling my potential dinner.

"How about you cook for me and I'll cook for you?" He suggested.

"No, that's not necessary." I showed him how to crack an egg. Then, I put the egg in a mug and fill it up with water before placing it inside the microwave. "Just follow me."

"That's easy. You're going to regret what you just said when my egg turns out to be better than yours." He snickered. But I doubt it.

"Don't get cocky, Ash." He mimicked what I said in a mocking tone as he took out our eggs from the microwave.

"Dinner is served. I'm afraid I don't have any utensil left for us to use. We have to eat with our hands like cavemen." He set the eggs on the table.

I smirked at him before I tasted my egg. He was eyeing me with unease and I knew exactly why he was nervous. He had switched our eggs before serving them. Little does he know that I had seen it coming; therefore, I had added a handful of salt to my own egg beforehand to teach him a lesson.

"Eat up, Ash! Is there something wrong?" I said naively. He regained his composure and shook his head.

"I've outwitted you, cupcake!" He popped the entire egg in his mouth at once and grinned triumphantly.

"How dumb do you think I am?" I laughed amiably. His eyes widen in horror when he realized how salty the egg was. He gulped down an entire bottle of water and started to cough uncontrollably.

"Step one; do not attempt to fool your master." I flipped my hair graciously. That's one point for me.

"Well played." He said dryly.

"But I bet you didn't account for the amount of water my bladder can hold. It's full and about to burst." He said in an affectionate tone. "I think you understand what I'm saying,"