Chapter Nine: Like a Ninja

I woke up the next morning on the bed wrapped in a blanket like a sausage. The first thing I did was look around for Ash or Mike- the liar, the ditcher.

Where is he?  I've known him for so many years and now I don't even know what name to call him. I should have known it was Mike from the start. He even asked me to call him Ash. Mike's real name was Ashen. But he disliked it when he was a kid so he asked people to call him Mike instead. I felt bad for not knowing, he had given me so many clues as to who he was. I just never guessed. Mostly because I didn't expect his profession to be a thief, we used to be two peas in a pod. Now, we just felt like strangers.

The truth is I was mad at him because he was the first guy I've ever loved. And he left me when I needed him the most. He moved away, never answering my calls. He just erased me from his life. And it hurt.

I got up from the bed and flexed my sore wrist. There was a red line circling my wrist. It took me a few seconds to realize where it was from. I got it from the handcuffs last night; Ash had managed to remove them.

I went out of his room and started looking around. He was nowhere to be found. It made me wonder if he had left me again- for the second time.

After walking around aimlessly in his trailer, I decided to snoop around. I knew that it was a horrible thing to do. But I couldn't help myself. I was dying of boredom. I've been waiting for him impatiently for more than thirty minutes.

I started by opening his closets and cabinets, taking out things that seemed interesting. I didn't have any ill intention. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, I was just tedious to the point that it was getting unbearable.

I was coming to a conclusion that Ash really is a boring person when a scrapbook fell on my toes.

It was an old looking battered up scrapbook; nevertheless, it got my attention. I picked it up and sat down on the couch, curiously flipping through it. He looked adorable as a kid. Ash had chubby cheeks which glowed red whenever he laughed.

A picture of him caught my eyes. He was holding the hands of a woman and a man. I knew who the woman was, it was his mom. But I've never heard of Ash mention his dad before. The man in the picture must be his dad. He seemed familiar. I just couldn't pin my finger on it.

I was still analyzing the picture when I heard the doorknob rattling. It was Ash; I had to hide his scrapbook before he catches me snooping. I frantically looked around to find a place to hide it. In the end, I just sat on it, keeping it out of his sight just in time as the door bursted open.

"Hey, I thought you were planning to sleep in until the sun goes down." His eyes sparkled as he sat down beside me.

"I bought you a burger." Ash set a brown paper bag on my lap.

"Um... thanks." I fidgeted uncomfortably. The scrapbook was resting under my butt, making it hard for me to sit still.

"So where did you find the key to the handcuff?" I smiled.

"I didn't. I actually stayed up all night trying to unlock it with a hairpin I got from your hair." He slumped down on the couch and chuckled. "It was all thanks to Youtube."

I laughed nervously as I peeled the wrapper of the burger. How was I going to hide the scrapbook? I couldn't just sit here all day.

"Ash, can you get me a glass of water?" I tugged his shirt pleadingly. If he would just leave for a minute, I could sneak in his room and put it back in his cabinet.

"Alright." He gave me a questioning stare before getting up to get my water.

Once he was out of sight, I quickly stood up with the scrapbook in my hand and crept into his room like a ninja.

Hastily, I opened his cabinet to stuff it in. But to my dismay, three books from his cabinet fell out, causing a racket. I quickly turned around. There was no sign of Ash. I picked the three books on the floor and stacked them up in his cabinet.

As I was about the return the scrapbook to its rightful place, Ash barged in, his eyebrows knitted together when he saw me. I was caught red handed with his scrapbook still on my hands.

"Ash, I can explain."

He did say anything. The frown on his face didn't left either.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pry." I bit my lips and took a few steps towards him.

"Whatever." He waved a dismissive hand at me, avoiding my eyes.

"Here's your water." He left it front of the me before turning to leave.

"Wait!" That was when it hit me. Ash bore a striking resemblance to him. Why didn't I see it before?

Ash is my boss's son. But that doesn't explain why he stole wads of cash from his company.

"You-"I tried to confirm my suspicions. But he cut me off instantly, whipping around.

"You're right. I love you."

I froze, completely baffled.

Crap.

A/N I have a new story up on Wattpad entitled Poison. Just a precaution though, it contains mature content. But if you don't mind that, don't forget to check it out! :)

Thanks for the support guys! Comment & vote! ily <3