5.8

3 Years Later...

Savannah

Three years since little Dylan has been born, where did the year go? Today was Dylan's birthday and Ashton was finally here to celebrate one of Dylan's birthday. Ashton is now on a long deserved break since they've got more people apart of the army. Luke was now married believe it or not; I was happy for him and I have a bet with him to see when Naomi will be pregnant, Bailey is expecting her second child and so I am, I'm six months in and I feel like I'm getting fatter every day.

I walked downstairs hearing Dylan laughing and Ashton making weird sounds which were probably animal sounds. I walked around the corner seeing Ashton making funny faces while Dylan was sitting in his chair laughing at he's father.

"Mummy" Dylan said happily.

"Happy Birthday my little boy" I said giving him lots of kisses making him giggle. I noticed that Dylan already opened he's presents knowing he couldn't wait any longer.

"Thank you for the present's mummy"

"You're welcome" I said standing up again taking a seat next to him while Ashton cook us breakfast.

"So how's Caleb going"? I asked Ashton, I noticed Ashton just freezing for a while but continued cooking shaking he's head.

"There trying their best to get him to live longer, thankfully enough his allowed out of the hospital and spend time at school and hang out with friends and it starts becoming a thing and he finds a girl and gets married, has kids" he said; you could see how much Ashton loved this child I've noticed it since day one. There was something that Ashton saw in this kid and that was hope, he always made sure he spent every single day with Caleb making it the best day because he didn't know when he would be gone.

"Ashton you can go visit him today, I don't mind we can go out later with Dylan" I told him.

"No, it's my son's birthday and I told Caleb and he spending today with he's friends anyway" he said "So I'm all yours today" he said walking over with two plates giving both of us a kiss on the forehead.

"Okay so what do you have planned for us, Mr. I want to plan the day" I said smirking.

"Well first were going to take him out for lunch then take him to the indoor playground he loves to go too" he told me.

"Sounds like a good idea, honey" I said giving Ashton a kiss on the lips

"Ew" Dylan said, we both laughed looking at Dylan who had a disgusted look on he's face.

After a tiring day with Dylan dragging us around with him, Ashton finally put him into bed and I was about to fall asleep until I felt Ashton's arms wrap around me kissing my shoulders.

"Baby, not tonight I'm swore and tired" I said.

"Aw sweetheart, but you had a fun day right" he asked.

"Of course I did, it was the first birthday with Dylan that you've spent and it was great" I told him leaning in giving a kiss.

"And I can't wait until this little one is born and the amount of birthday's were going to spend together" he said smiling kissing the big belly.

"I can't wait either, now let me sleep Ashton" I said shutting my eyes.

"Goodnight beautiful, I love you" he said giving me one last kiss.

"Goodnight, love you too" I told him.

Ashton

I woke up the next morning doing my daily routine before heading over to spend an hour or two with Caleb. I gave Savannah and Dylan a kiss goodbye before leaving and walked out the door to go see Caleb at the hospital before he headed to school for the day.

I walked into the hospital saying hello to everyone that was working and they all gave me smiles.

"Morning Sue" I said walking towards Caleb's room.

"Morning.. crap Ashton wait" Sue said trying to stop me but I kept walking while trying to talk to her. "Ashton" she said.

"What, you can still talk to me while walking can't you"? I asked.

"Yes but that's not the point, there's something you need to know about Caleb" she said.

"And what's that"? I asked walking into Caleb's room only to see an empty bed, I turned around looking at Sue. "Did Caleb leave for school early or did he have an appointment? I'll come back later" I said.

"Ashton, Caleb's not coming back or will never have a doctor's appointment again" she said looking at the ground.

"Is Caleb cured"? I asked smiling.

"No" she said hearing her sniffles; she looked up at me tears in her eyes. "Sorry Ashton, Caleb past away last night; we tried so hard to keep him alive but we couldn't and we were also going to call you but Caleb told us not too"

"What? Why would he do that"? I asked

"Because he knew it was your son's birthday and didn't want to ruin it since it was your first birthday with Dylan, but he wanted me to give this too you and wanted me to tell you that he said thank you for everything you've done for him since day one, Savannah as well" she told me. I started crying sitting on the bed. "Ashton; you gave that boy so much hope and he had the chance to have a life as well as being sick and he got new friends that accepted him, you were like a big brother to him and that's all he wanted" she said.

"I can't believe his gone" I said hugging Sue.

"It's a part of life hun" she said hugging me tightly.

I pulled up outside the house sitting in the car for a good five minutes trying to process what happened. I opened the door to the car walking towards the house opening the door up slamming it shut behind me.

"Ashton" I heard Savannah say, I looked up seeing her worried and her eyes were red as well. I ran towards her pulling her into a hug and burst into tears.

"He's gone, Caleb's gone" I said, she didn't say anything and I knew she didn't need too she stood there and hugged me tightly padding me on the back.