Chapter 12

Hey guys! I know it was a really late upload. A thousand apologies. Do enjoy it though. I hope the waiting was worth the while. I'm kind of confused where to take the story from here so if you guys have any ideas comment below. :)

XOXO

-Lovetolove17 

_______________________________________

The early morning light flickered through the bedroom window, illiminating the floor. I rubbed my eyes in a peaceful way, as not to wake Serena. She lay curled next to me, sound asleep. She looked beautiful even when she wasn't awake. A relaxed smile perched on her lips.

I slowly sat up as not to make noise and stepped off the bed. I looked back. A smile lit up my face. I could only think, "I love that girl."

I gently swung open the knotted old pine wood door that creaked as I slipped through.

Down the stairs, and around the bend, to the kitchen I went. I grabbed a coffee pod out of the pantry and placed it in the coffee maker. It made a loud noise, so I walked over to the bottom of the stairs. I didn't hear anything, so I assumed she was still asleep.

I look the creamer out of the fridge and poured some in my coffee. Grabbing a spoon from the drawer, I mixed my coffee, the metal clinking against the ceramic cup.

I sat down on the sofa and looked out the window at the rolling hills of grass that filled our backyard. The wind blew a flower petal across my view. It was a rose petal. I smiled and placed my coffee on the side table so I could go check my cell phone.

Walking over to where my Blackberry was plugged into the wall charging, unintentionally my attention was drawn to Serena's phone next to it. Her screen flashed to alert someone that it had received a new message. I'll just see who it was from.

The message was from her mom. Eh, I'll open it.

"Your father and I have been talking, and we decided we are not mad at you for anything. For running off with the boy, for getting pregnant. We just want what makes you happy, and if this is what you want, you have our blessing. We'll always love you, babygirl."

My parents wouldn't be like that, they wouldn't even care.

I noticed the text was from five days ago. She had chosen not to open it. I guess she didn't want to know if they approved or not. 

 I grabbed my coffee and walked up the stairs to the bedroom. I sat on the bed next to Serena.

"Serena," I whispered. 

 Her eyes slowly opened, and she smiled at me.

"Morning," She mumbled.

I decided to tell her about the text, it's not like she wouldn't have read it anyways.

"Your parents approve." I said.

She looked confused. Very confused.

"What are you talking about, Zane?"

She pushed her hair back out of her face.

"Your parents. Someone had to know what they said to you. They love you. They just want what makes you happy."

Something in her eyes registered. She leaned on me and I noticed she was crying. I pulled her into a hug. I couldn't tell if she was happy or sad, only that she was crying. So I just sat there with her.

When she had finished, I asked her, "Not to sound like a therapist, but how does that make you feel?"

She giggled.

"Serena, I was being serious."

Her expression became one of calm concern.

"I think I'm happy with it," She said.

She shot me a smile and I kissed her. I look her hand and we walked downstairs to the kitchen. She had taken my coffee and was sipping it while I made breakfast.

I cooked scrambled eggs with sausage and English muffins. It was her favorite. I never really cared for meat, but I made it just for her.

When the food was ready, I served it onto two plates for us and sat down at the table next to her.

"Here you go," I said as I handed her a plate.

"Thanks," She smiled at me.

"I love you." I told her.

"I love you too," She assured me.

It was so strange to think that a week ago this girl had nothing to do with me and now we were living together and having a baby. Neither one of us cared, all we wanted was for us to be together. 

____________ 

Sorry it was a late upload! I remember when I used to upload every night...hrmm. 

XOXO

-Lovetolove