Chapter 8

• Dedicated to Anastasia Naboo Potyl

Heyyyyyyyy. 

Vanessa has In Pieces by Linkin Park stuck in her head now. She doesn't mind much, that song is amazing.

So, I guess we're contnuing where we left off? Story time children, gather round.

XOXO

______________________________________________________________________________

I pulled into a large parking lot, the sides adorned with seashells. I walked around to her side of the car and opened the door. She stepped out, one black stilletto at a time.

She looked drop dead gorgeous. I kind of wanted to carry her to her seat, but I didn't want to embarass her. I took her hand instead and walked her to the entrance of The Sand Dollar. It was a highly expensive resteraunt that I went to with my parents once a year. I was so glad I had my credit card on me today. I really wanted to impress her.

The restaurant was settled on a platform above the beach. The floor was made of glass so you could see the waves hitting the beach underneath.

"Hey Jeff," I called.

Jeff was a family friend that we met when my family started coming here all those years ago.

"Zane? Is that really you? Wow! Someone's all grown up! Where are your parents? Don't forget to introduce me to this beautiful young lady!" He rambled.

"Relax, man. I came up here with Serena." I responded, putting my arm around her waist.

"Right this way." He said as he led us to our table. He placed us right in the middle of the restaurant.

"I love this place!" She exclaimed as we took our seats.

"Thanks, I wanted to take you someplace special."

We looked over the menus and decided that we'd split the lobster. We each got a salad with ranch dressing on the side. We both accepted the previously poured water that was available when we sat down.

We made small chat the whole date. After dinner, I took her back to the car.

"Take off your shoes and put them in the car. Trust me." I commanded.

She did as told. So, then I finally picked her up and carried her down to the beach. I put her down and rolled up my pants. I grabbed her hand and started walking her down the beach, the waves crashing at our ankles.

"So, you know I really like you." I told her.

"I really like you too." She agreed, moving closer to me.

I stopped and grabbed her other hand and looked her in the eyes.