Chapter 4: Quiet Storms

'Make it stop,

Make this end,

All these years pushed to the ledge,

It's come to this,

A weightless step,

On the way down singin,

Woahhhhhh'

-Rise Against

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Chapter 4: Quiet Storms

*|Steel's POV|*

I haven't visited him in a while. I feel horrible about that fact. He is my little brother after all. Everything has just been so busy. With moving and school and life. There never seems to be enough time in the day for me to do everything I want to do.

When I see him laying in that god forsaken hospital bed, the same as always, my heart breaks. Every time I come to visit him, he's alway like this. Cold hands, pale skin, almost blue lips. Always the same. The room smelt like strong perfume from all the flowers and disinfectant. The window was open, allowing a small breeze to circulate the room.

I walked over to him slowly before taking a seat in the uncomfortable little chair beside his bed. I took Tristan's hand in mine. I could feel the sting of tears building behind my eyes. I tried so hard to keep it in. I couldn't show any weakness. I had to be strong for him. Always for him. I lowered my head onto the edge of the bed. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply, pushing back the pain and tears. I would make it through this, and so would Tristan. He would wake up. I believed in him. He was strong, and he would make it through this.

I heard a hesitant knock at the door. I lifted my head, while letting go of his hand. I wiped my eyes incase any tears had accidentally escaped. I looked towards the door and saw a nurse standing there with a small smile on her face. I gestured for her to come in and do what ever she had to do. As she fluttered around, checking all the machines and surveying Tristan, I stood up and bent over, leaving a small peck on his forehead and whispering for him to wake up soon.

I made my way towards the door, turning one last time to say goodbye for now. Turning back, I walked out the door, quietly closing it behind me with a soft Click.

%#*#%#*#%#*#%#*#%#*#%#*#%#*#%#*#%#*#%#*#%#*#%#*#%#*#%#

*| Sky's POV |*

Everything felt fuzzy. It was the best word I could think to describe my physical and mental state at the moment. I could here a slight beeping in the background, it sounded so distant though. Like it was coming from a far away city. I slowly opened my eyes, only to shut them again quickly. It was so bright. So white and shiny.

After waiting several minutes, I forced my eyes to flutter open, this time much slower to allow them to adjust to the blinding light. I let my eyes wander around the room and took everything in, it became apparent quite quickly that I was laying in a hospital room.

I looked down at myself only to see my leg is covered in bruises, and a wrap is around my chest, covering what I assume to be many bruises and cuts, maybe even broken ribs. I saw my left hand was also covered in a wrap and there's black, blue and purple wherever my skin was visible.

I decided it wouldn't be the best idea to panic, so I forced myself to calm down and tried to take a deep breath. I chocked immediately, only then noticing the plastic tube going down my throat. Now was the time I started panicking.

I attempted to reach up frantically to remove the tube but couldn't move my arm in the slightest. The panicking was getting worse to the point that tears started streaming down my face. It felt like a coil of wire in my chest tightening. I couldn't breath and my vision was blurring. Everything was slowing down and my senses were shutting down. I couldn't feel anything but the wet trails down my cheek. I couldn't see anything through the blur of tears. I couldn't taste anything but plastic and desperation. The only thing I could here was the click of a door in the distance and my name being shouted before I passed out.