Chapter 2: Murmured Tears

'My silence on the outside
Does not equate
For the screams and chaos within me'
- Ren Bryle.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Chapter 2: Murmured Tears

*| Skylar's POV |*

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The annoying sound of my alarm clock woke me from my dreamless slumber. I slowly opened my eyes before focusing my blurry view on the time.

7:00am.

The red numbers flashed in my face even after I turned off the hideous blaring. School started at 8:40am so I had to hurry a little if I wanted to get there on time.

This was the worst day of my life. Well I guess I was over exaggerating a little bit. I've had much worse things occur. Like when I was taken from the streets at the age of five. Broke my arm. Lost my brother. Lost my best friend. And the list goes on.

It was sad. But true. All this horrible stuff had happened to me. So bad I've become mute. Yet here I sit. On my bed in nothing but my boxers. My scars uncovered. The ones that can be seen that is. The ones that cover my body. Not the ones on my heart. On my life. No. Only the scars that can be seen. The scars caused by Him. The scars inflicted by myself. To numb the pain in my head. To feel in control.

Yet I sit here. Thinking about the day. The first day back in high school. The fist day of my junior year. I'm finally sixteen and all I can say I've lived for is nothing. Is to be useless. Worthless. Weak. Because its true. That's what I am. It's the only thing ill ever be. It's all my life is.

I torture myself with these thoughts. It's all I seem to do. I think to much and its becoming more and more depressing. I'm just hurting myself. But what do I care? My life can't get any worse. And it's not going to get any better either. It's like I'm stuck in a limbo. Never moving forward. Never moving back. And if I do move, it's always one step forward, two steps back. It's just how my life goes.

I stand slowly. My feet press onto the cold hard wood floors beneath. I should really turn up the heat in this old house. It's getting colder the closer it gets to winter. I already have to sleep with more than one thick blanket. Sometimes I over heat though.

I stand and walk over to my dresser before grabbing an outfit randomly and making my way over to my bathroom to take a shower. It's the first day back to school so I might as well look decently awake and clean. I turn on the heat full blast and add a little bit of cold. Trying to get it at just the right temperature. Once it's good I hop in and clean up.

The soap runs down my lean form. I'm only 5"6 but I have a skinnier body. I'm lean with more of a swimmers body. Pale skin and dark hair that seem to contrast nicely with each other.

Once all the soap was rinsed off I stepped out and started to dry myself off. I'm finally dry so I make my way back into my bedroom to get changed. I put on my black skinny jeans with slight rips in the knees. I try to cover as many scars as I can with my black long sleeved shirt. I hate it when people stare. It's all they seem to do though. It never works. The more I cover up, the more they seem to notice me.

I'm always the loner. The outcast. I don't mind though. Not that much. I prefer to be alone. To wither in my silence. Never being able to talk. They leave me alone because they know that even if they tried. Tried to talk to me! Tried to be my friend. It would never work. I could never reply. Never respond, tell them my likes, my dislikes.

I brushed my teeth. Messed up my hair a little bit to try and make it look at least a little bit presentable. I did all the usually morning stuff. I felt like a robot. Everything was always the same. The same order. The same routine. Over and over again.