Chapter 6

Okay, well, first of all, thanks to all who have been reading and are continuing to read Abscond. I really appreciate it. :) Also, thanks especially to KaceyJaceyXD, xCatherine, and Minivisfire for following along with the story.This chapter is dedicated to you three.  Now then, enough of the messages. Here it is!

------------------------------------------------------

First: *THIS IS COMPLETELY NEW SO IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR THE NEW STUFF, HERE IT IS! THANKS!*

Second: ENJOY ;)

Chapter 6: Lucas.

I round the corner, just in time to see Stefan picking Lass up and putting her on the raft. Jealousy courses through me as I watch them together, devastated to see her with the guy I hated most in Abscond. I grit my teeth, clenching and unclenching my fists.

"Why were you trying to make me walk, rather than ride this before?" she asks.

"Because, I have to be the one to push you," Stefan answers quite rudely, causing me to narrow my eyes.

"Oh..." She answers, reminding me so much of the woman I had once loved. The woman I may still love.

"But I'm sure we can find the loser who's probably doing nothing at the moment. He can push you." Stefan says, smirking. Stupid bastard. I could be in an even higher position if I had wanted.

"Who exactly?" Lass asks, scrunching her forehead, as if she was confused. I blink, as I am pulled into another flashback of her.

She grins, her angelic smile considerably brightening my day.

"Lucas, this is absolutely beautiful! I can't believe you did this for me!" she says, holding up the silver chain with the dangling heart charm. "I'll wear it always!"

"I'm glad you like it," I reply, smiling. "Just seeing you happy is good enough." She hugs me tightly, her floral smell enveloping around me, when she does. After releasing me, I rapidly blink a couple of times, the smell intoxicating me.

"But, what's this for?" she hesitantly asks, glancing at me suspiciously, as if I wanted something from her, her forehead scrunched in confusion, her lips forming a slight pout..

"For being you," I whisper. I softly smile, vowing to remember the vulnerability of her cute face. That beautiful face. Lyssa's face.

"Lucas Moorson. Who else?" a voice asks, quickly taking me back to reality. Well, back to Abscond, which was as close as I could get to normal life. Away from my fantasies of her.

"He's not a loser." Lass says, my heart soaring after hearing such kind words from her.

"Who said you had a say anyway, Lassie? I mean, you're a girl," Stefan answers with a scowl. That was the last straw. He had no right to treat her that way. I'm making Lass mine. And you are most definitely not gonna stop me, I think.

"Do I?" I vehemently yell as I show myself and raise my fist to punch his damn face.

"Ow! What the hell?!" he screams, cursing on and on, clutching his nose as blood drips out. But my self satisfaction is quickly expunged when I see Lass's face: a look of horror, surprise, wariness, hostility, and anger in her expressions.

"Lucas! What did you do that for? Why did you hurt him?" she demands angrily. I glance at her sullenly, immediately guilty of what I have just done, while she gives me a shrewd glance. I gulp. She probably thinks I'm another criminal; like the rest. Like Stefan. Stefan glares at me. “Stefan? Are you all right?” she asks him. Still angry, he nonchalantly shrugs, holding his nose, trying to staunch the blood. Lass grimaces.

“Agh, this looks bad. You have a medical clinic here, right?” she continues, looking at him with worry. Her hands flutter up to his face, caressing him softly, an anxious expression on her face.

“I'm fine,” he growls, brushing her hands away from him, distractedly. Lass frowns.

“Look at your nose, Stefan! It's still bleeding!” she shouts.

“I can't look at my nose, dummy,” he mutters half-heartedly. Lass flinches but rolls her eyes.

“You know what I mean,” she goes on, annoyed.

“It's fine,” he says gruffly in a nasally voice.

“Stefan, please! Clinic,” Lass demands disdainfully. He rolls his eyes this time.

“I said, I'm okay,” he prolongs in a whiny tone. She turns to me and I glance at her, dejected.

“As punishment, you can push me around to the clinic and everywhere else while Stefan guides me or whatever, showing me places around Abscond. But you aren't allowed to speak. Not one word." I see her steely gaze, realizing that I had lost, since the very beginning.

"You're gonna pay for that later, when Lassie isn't around," Stefan grunts under his breath as he passes me. Stefan clears his throat and starts speaking to her, explaining the wonders of Abscond. Starting from square one.

"First, you're probably hungry so-”

“We're going to the medical clinic first. Then we can eat,” Lass says adamantly.

“I don't need a damn doctor.”

“I don't need you giving me your sassy testosterone crap. We're going right now,” she demands, stamping her right foot against the ground like a little, spoiled brat. He sighs.

“Doctors won't be at the clinic anyway,” he smirks.

“That doesn't matter. If it's first aid, then I can do that much,” she says convincingly.

“Fine. You win. We'll have it your way,” he finishes. He walks into the water, no expression showing on his hard, poker face. He motions for Lucas to follow and Lucas grudgingly starts to push the raft.

The clinic is closer than expected, just being right around the corner. It is a small, cave-room, the entrance barely large enough for the raft to fit. Obsidian stools and shelves line the walls, with many vials of liquid and tablet on them, sloppily arranged.

“Doctor? Nurse?” Lass asks as I watch the interaction between the two. He shrugs. I glare. My feet feel dry land and I feel contempt as there is a loss of the icy cold water.

------------------------

Okay,I'm stopping there for now cuz I'm really tired now. EXHAUSTED. But please let me know what you think :)

Comment.

Vote.

FAN!!!

Thanks bunches and bunches; happy reading,

~rain-kissed_midnight <3