Chapter 8: Finally Friends

Trent's P.O.V.

-------------------------------

During the entire journey Dr.O had been unconscious and had been levitated all the way by Ethan. After that we got to a point in which we could see the mansion. The mansion was located on the side of a mountain and had a waterfall right next to it which my dad thought to be one of the most beautiful sceneries he had ever seen.

"We will spend the night here" I said commandingly

"But we're like right there cant we just go right now and get it over with." asked Connor with a desperate tone

"We need to rest you are all tired and cant use your full powers until you are rested. Now Mr.McKnight will you go get us some water from the river behind those trees and Cassidy can you start a fire so we don't freeze up here. Kira turn into a hawk and search to see if there are any guards in this area."

They all agreed because I knew this area well and they didn't really want to mess with me. Except Connor I knew for a fact that if he had shape shifter powers he would turn into a tiger and tear me up limb from limb. I had already apologized to him but he just wouldn't accept my apology and I respect that. If he had done that to Haylee I would have taken him as fast as I can and punched him with my super speed which not much people know that super speed applies to my entire body not just my legs and feet.

"Hey Connor can I talk to you in private?"

"Sure"

"Connor don't kill him please" said Haylee

"I'll try not to but I'm not making any promises"

We walked far from the camp that we had set up.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Connor asked me

"Just wanted to say again that I'm sorry and that I will help in any way I can to bring her back to you and that I can promise"

"You want to help. Then help me save her and then hang yourself"

"I already apologized cant you just accept my help? What's it gonna take for you to take me seriously?"

Then I remembered something that Haylee had told me while everyone was doing what I had told the to do.

"YOU can only gain Connor's trust by actually getting close to bearing him in a battle." her words echoed in my head.

Then I went super fast while he was walking away and knocked him down.

"Finally I get to beat you"

I hadn't thought this through. There was a river next to us and that was a big advantage for him but I was willing to take my chances.

"Lets see how you like this." he said as he threw around twenty water knives at me but then I realized he wasn't stopping. He just kept throwing them nonstop.

"Is that all you got Connie", I said tauntingly while avoiding the knives with my speed. And I could tell he got angry his eyes went from dark chocolate brown to completely dark blue but thats all his eye was nothing but blue. Then he got all the water from the river and launched it at me as I slammed into a tree.

I got up ran towards him but with all the water around me he used it as I got closer to him. He pulled my feet with water and as I slipped he grabbed me by the neck and pushed me down even harder than I had imagined.

His eyes went back to the dark chocolate brown and he seemed as if he was about to pass out so I quickly took him back to camp and I saw Dr.O awake at last.

"What happened?"everyone asked

"We had a battle and he beat me but his eyes had gone completely dark blue as if his anger took control of him."

"Thats never happened before. But I guess its because no one like him has ever existed before."

Connor suddenly wakes up while we're all talking around the fire that Cassidy had prepared.

"Hey Trent"

I rush over to him "What's up?"

"I still don't trust you but since you are now one of us I believe in you as much as anyone else here."

"Gee thanks"

"Your welcome man. Now can you help me stand up please."

"Sure thing dude"

"So Connor come over here please" says Dr.O

"Okay whats wrong Dr.O "

"I just wanted to ask you a few questions about you battle with Trent. So how did you feel during the battle?"

"Well it started out me being angry and trying to hurt Trent but then I realized that I really wanted to know what he could do. So I calmed my mind and focused on the battle then all of a sudden I could feel a large boost of power go through all of me and then I felt invincible like my power had been maximized to the point in which I couldn't get it to go any farther."

"And what was going through your mind as you thought of how to defeat Trent?"

"Well as soon as I got the power boost my mind was more ahead than I was I could think of moves to do in less than a second. As if it was not only did my body get a boost......." his sentence was finished by Dr.O

"...... but your mind as well." finished Dr.O sounding astounded

"Yea" replied Connor

"Well I think we should go to sleep its getting late." said Kira

"Wait before we go to sleep, tomorrow we can't go into the mansion we'll have to do it the day after." I said

"But thats the day that Tori is going to get killed" said Connor

"Yea but thats not until 9:00pm which is when my dad thinks is the best time to kill her."

"Okay then but what do we do in the meantime?"

"We train we cant just rely on Connor to fight everyone" said Ethan excitedly

"Well then its settled tomorrow we train and the day after we get go and rescue Tori" said Connor agreeing with me.

"Good night to you all then" I said before laying in my sleeping bag.

"Goodnight to you too" everyone replies

-----------------------------------------------

READ

VOTE

AND COMMENT