Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Mam, you have every thing right?" Kimberley was helping Gillian pack the last of her things as Cheryl helped her mam load everything into her car.

"Everything's done pet. Now go and get you sister"

"Yes mam" Cheryl smiled and willingly took to the command, excited and happy to see her girlfriend. Kimberley was gone for barely twenty minutes and she already missed her.

You are smitten. An internal voice told her. Yes I am. She gladly agreed with the voice.

Cheryl took the stairs two at a time and met her sister and Kimberley as they left

her room. She watched as her sister talked to Kimberley quietly and the serious expression on Kimberley's face. Their eyes connected and she winked at Cheryl then refocused her attention until they were outside.

Kimberley ignored Cheryl's predatory look on her body and walked over to hug Joan goodbye. She loved how close she was to Cheryl's family. Joan smiled at her then looked pointedly at Cheryl who stood staring at Kimberley.

Cheryl felt her mam's eyes on her and looked from her to Kimberley then back.

"If you're done ogling Kimberley pet, you can go inside" her mam said and gestured for her to give them privacy. Cheryl blushed, frowned and huffed away after giving her mam a good bye hug.

"I can see when I'm not wanted." She reached into the car to hug Gillian then walked away looking curiously back every few steps.

Joan hugged Kimberley and pulled back to put her bag into the back seat of her car.  Kimberley waited uncertainly, not sure what Joan wanted to tell her that Cheryl couldn't hear. Her mind filled with bad news and then Joan began to talk. 

"I don't have to tell you how much Cheryl cares for you do I?" Kimberley shook her head.

"Good, 'cause I don't know if you've noticed it yet, but she is in love with you." She

stepped closer. "She always had."

Kimberley looked at her in surprise at the mention of 'always had', then her eyes cleared in understanding.

"Sometimes, you youngsters don't see love if it hits you right over the head. I can't believe you didn't notice it at the beginning of the band. I don't think Cheryl knew it herself. Only a mother knows and sees these things." Joan chuckled and opened her car door. 

"So don't you dare break me daughter's heart. I trust you to keep it safe pet"

With that she was gone and Kimberley was left to shift through the message between the lines of what Joan just said. 

Cheryl came outside and held open her jacket. Kimberley wrapped her arms around her waist sighing into the warmth.

She looked into Cheryl's eyes and saw the Geordie's eye twinkling with love and adoration. The same look that had graced her chocolate brown eyes for the past nine years, every time she came in Cheryl's line of vision.

How did she not notice it before?

"I don't even want to know what you two were talking about."

"You," Kimberley smiled stroking her cheeks gently. Cheryl groaned at the answer and her stomach growled just on cue.

"Why am I not surprised?  Come on, the Tweedy tummy says 'let's make some breakfast' "

Kimberley rolled her eyes at her girlfriend's adorableness, but willingly let herself be dragged into the house by Cheryl.