Chim - Sweep Me Off My Feet

TEASER

"If a chicken and a half lays an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long will it take for a turkey to hatch a light bulb on a lamp post?"

Sarah looked up from the laptop she was hunched over and met six pairs of eyes glazed over, mostly in confusion.

Kimberley opened her mouth to respond then promptly closed it and rubbed her eyes before looking at Nicola in frustration then grumbling as she walked away.

They all heard something about a coffee and suicide. Sarah looked at Cheryl and smiled at her.

"What?" She asked innocently.

"You are asking us what??!!" Cheryl threw up her hands in frustration.  "What the hell have you been smoking?"

"It's on a website with riddles, look. Not like I made it up. There's more..."

Cheryl yanked the laptop over and closed the web page.

"Hey?!" Sarah grabbed the laptop back and slapped Cheryl's hands away. "I'm asking a logical question and I'd personally like to know."

"I'd have never taken you for a dorky one." Cheryl rolled her eyes.

"She's is still in the closet about it Chez" Nicola laughed harmlessly.

"I say leave her to her dorkiness Cheryl, she seems to be quite comfortable with herself." Kimberley sat back down at the table as the waiter passed around their drinks. 

Sarah smirked as she noticed Cheryl's eyes locked firmly on Kimberley's breasts.  She still had no idea why the two of them didn't just get together already, they acted like a couple anyway, sometimes tactile, sometimes bickering. After Cheryl's divorce, they both had grown even more closer together.

"And they call me hopeless..." She shook her head.

"We are going to add talking to yourself too to your list of dorky behaviour hmm?" Nicola poked Sarah's arm with a straw until she yanked it from her fingers.

"You know what? Who wants to be cool anyway? Being cool is too much work."

"Not when ya are good at it" Cheryl said as she pulled out a mirror from her handbag and checked to make sure her hair was neat and her make-up was still okay. 

It was! Cheryl was gorgeous and she knew it, hell the entire nation knew it. Kimberley though rolled her eyes. She was immune to Cheryl's looks and occasional cockiness after about seven years.

"Wait a minute while I get another chair for Cheryl's ego." Nicola laughed.

"Aye, when you are fit as hell you are allowed to have an ego pet"  Cheryl replied putting the mirror back in her bag, and her eyes went to rest on Kimberley's breasts again.

"Hi Cheryl, up here." Kimberley smirked when she saw the embarrassment flutter past otherwise nonchalant brown eyes. "You are such a guy".

"And you still keep wearing these fooking tight shirts..." Cheryl said in a sarcastic tone.

Sarah and Nicola looked at each other and shook their head as the two began to snap at each other. They didn't

pay it any mind. Five minutes later they'd be sitting making googly eyes at each other.