Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Look who's here?! It's Sponge Bob!" Cheryl tensed as Sarah cackled, waving her over.

She felt better when Nicola slapped Sarah on the back of her head telling her to shut up and felt even loads better when Kimberley smiled at her and removed her bag from the chair next to her.

A week ago Cheryl would have been offended. Hurt even at Sarah's innocent teasing.

She was talking with her mam, who happened to be very wise though biased with her advice and she had Kimberley who was always there asking if she was all right.

"Dork" she said as she sat down, making sure to give Sarah a hard nudge and hugged Nicola. She sat down, bypassing a hug for Kimberley.

She saw the flash of disappointment and smiled. She placed her arm over the back of Kimberley's chair like she always did and leaned in to kiss her softly on the cheek. 

A blush flared up on Kimberley's cheeks and she began to cough, probably to hide her embarrassment. The thought of it made Cheryl want to hug her.

Nicola glanced at Sarah with a raised eyebrow as Sarah smirked knowingly. My friend has seen the light, she thought as she looked at Cheryl as she looked at Kimberley who was giving Cheryl shy glances. It was like they were back in highschool or something.

"So, how was today's recording?"They all knew how hard it was for Cheryl to go to the studio with her face still slightly swollen from the breakouts.

Joan told her to tell herself everyday that she was beautiful inside and out every morning to build up her self-esteem and she tried to not feel like a 10 year old when she looked in the mirror saying it.

Then there was Kimberley. Kimberley made her feel good no matter what, she was just realizing it and wished that she was aware of it years ago. She wouldn't have wasted so much time. I may be straight, but I'm in love with me best friend. She turned to look at Kimberley and smiled at her,who blushed slightly at the intensity of her gaze.

"It was good. I still have people asking if I'm doing better. I don't scowl at them I just smile and say what Kimberley taught us to say."

"What's that?" Sarah asked.

"Yes." They chuckled at that and Cheryl turned to Kimberley. Her hand rubbed her arm softly. 

"How are you babe?" Now the endearments took on a different meaning that Cheryl was very aware of. She made sure that whenever she said one of them she was touching Kimberley somehow. Kimberley leaned into her, her eyes bright and relaxed.

"I'm good. Your face is clearing up quickly. They'll fade away in no time."

"Aye. Just when I was gettin' used to them too." Cheryl frowned feigning disappointment.

"But I love this Sponge Bob look so much." Sarah said sadly then laughed, relieved when Cheryl just smirked and threw a straw at her. She was really lightening up. 

"Seriously though, you have so much good in you Cheryl that you could walk around with a bag over your face and we'd know."

Cheryl was stunned by the sudden heart-to-heart with Sarah. Nicola looked surprised too and promptly kissed Sarah's cheek gushing about how sweet she was. 

"Isn't she sweet Kimba?" Kimberley laughed at the two as they cuddled for a moment and looked at Cheryl who was smiling broadly at Sarah.

"Thanks Sarah." She leaned in for a hug as Sarah held out her hand for a hand shake. "You're obviously still a dork though."