Chapter 5

Chapter 5

It's been a week since she spoke to Kimberley. She saw her around of course, at meetings and award ceremonies.  Then when she spoke with Nicola sometimes she'd be there. They'd look at each other then look away not knowing what to say anymore. 

Nicola watched this from the middle feeling horrible as her two closest friends grew father and father apart. She knew that it was going to be tricky when they got together if they ever did, but she didn't know to prepare for this. She was afraid now that they were going to damage a really good friendship. She didn't know how to talk to Cheryl, so she called emergency help- Sarah.

"Cheryl, you need to talk to her."

"I don't need to do sh!t." Cheryl said as she jammed down one of the buttons of Telly remote. They were at Cheryl's having a movie night in. Sarah knew though that Cheryl would usually spend her nights alone or talking to Kimberley.  She just told Nicola to give her and Cheryl some alone time so that she could vent.

"You know Kimber-"

"No I DON'T if she'd gonna call me self-absorbed and all that sh!t! I mean, I'm not that bad Sarah."

"Well actually you are." Cheryl's mouth fell open as she looked at Sarah in shock. "I mean, I just learned to love you and accept you for who you are, someone who is very infatuated with her good looks."

Cheryl placed the control on the floor and crossed her arms over her chest. She couldn't believe that they were all teaming up against her. Did Nicola think that too? Suddenly she felt cornered.

"You guys can't be jealous 'cause I can get anybody I want?" Sarah's eyebrows raced for her hairline.

"Ummm, not really Cheryl. Your taste in men doesn't leaves something to be desired."

"You are jealous."  Cheryl stood up and reached for her drink.

"Listen to yourself! This is me you are talkin' to! You really need to get past your looks for a minute here and-"

"This isn't about me looks Sarah! This is about me friends all turning against us." Sarah rolled her eyes and wondered how such a strong Geordie could be such a big baby.

"You are such a big baby Cheryl. You need to listen to Kimberley. Get over yourself!"

"*Duck* you too then!"

"No thanks! Not my type and I HAVE a boyfriend to do that too anyway unlike you..." Cheryl stopped a few feet from kitchen and turned back to her. The words hit home though she wasn't going to admit it.

"So what?!"

"So maybe if you stop sluttin' it up with these men around you, you can have a serious and HEALTHY relationship!"

"I am quite healthy thank you very much!"

"That is not my point block head." Sarah stepped forward and grabbed Cheryl's arm. "Most off these blokes around here are only with you because of your looks and money, because it's all you put forward. None of them are real! A bunch of handsome faces Cheryl."

"Handsome face that I can lay on demand." Sarah rolled her eyes and threw up her hands.

"I give up. You're on your own."

"Thank you Sarah, considering I never asked for your help in the first place!"

"Idiot!"

"Dork!"

"I take that as a compliment!"  Sarah shouted as she slammed shut the door. The windows shook from the force and she winced as Sarah's words kept echoing in her mind. Shaky hands rubbed up and down her face as she wondered if she just lost another friend.