Next Step

Fast forwarding a year, Hiccup and Jack couldn't be happier together. The two spent almost every waking minute together, and never got sick of each other. But, Jack was ready to take it to the next level. He loved Hiccup more than words could describe, and he wanted to spend his life with the man he loved. He had spent months saving up money for a romantic date, and a ring and finally, he had just enough.

  So, the white-haired male left their shared apartment and went to the nearest jewelry store. His eyes were drawn to an engagement ring shaped like a snowflake. It was all diamonds and was absolutely gorgeous. So, he bought the ring with a small smile tracing his lips before slipping the little black box into his pocket and ran back to their apartment. When he returned, Hiccup was in the kitchen making them both breakfast. Jack went and stood at the counter, gazing at his boyfriend. He always loved to trace his features, all the freckles and how much he has changed since they first met. He honestly couldn't believe that Hiccup loved him; How someone so perfect, so sweet, could love him back. He sighed happily before walking over to Hiccup, placing a soft kiss to his temple before leaning against the counter beside him.

  "So, Hiccup. Dress nice tonight, because I'm taking you on a date~." He spoke with a small smile on his lips, his eyes staying on his lovers face.

  "Uh... Well, okay. Where are we going?" He had glanced at Jack, returning the small smile as he carefully flipped the bacon that was sizzling in the pan.

  " Mm, it's a surprise. I want to spoil you. So, be as adorable as ever, which you're always adorable, so you're halfway there, and we'll leave around six." He hummed once he finished speaking and moved to gather two plates and utensils before going to set the table.

  Later that night, Jack had put on his best suit and fixed his hair to lie flat. Hiccup had done the same and Jack grabbed his hand, intertwining their fingers before leading the auburn-haired male down to their car. Jack opened the door for Hiccup and Hiccup slid in, buckling up before kissing Jack's hand ever so slightly. Jack had a permanent smile on his face as he walked to get into the drivers side, sliding in and buckling up, he started the car and drove to the nicest restaurant in town. Currently, his mind was going a mile a minute and he just kept thinking about tonight. He kept his focus on the road and after a few minutes, he pulled into a parking spot and shut the car off. Stepping out of the car, he went and opened the door for Hiccup and the other slid out, shutting the door afterwards and kissed Jack's cheek. Jack grabbed Hiccup's hand again and led him into the restaurant and after checking in, the waitress led them to a table for two that was lit up with two candles and had beautiful white roses as the center piece.

  Hiccup couldn't believe the restaurant they were in. His eyes were wide as he glanced around but once spotting the table he just blinked. He was actually confused as to why Jack chose such a fancy restaurant, but he paid it no mind and sat down. He scanned the menu and ordered a water as his drink, and Jack did the same. Hiccup glanced around again, taking in the regal atmosphere and a soft sigh left his lips before he turned his attention to Jack.

  "You know... You didn't have to go to this much trouble to 'spoil' me...I honestly would have been fine at a burger joint."

  "Well, I wanted to give you the best because you don't deserve anything less." Jack responded, locking his gaze with Hiccup's. His mind was already debating on when the perfect time was to pop the question, but he couldn't pick. He just wanted to ask Hiccup so badly that he didn't care when it was.

  Hiccup nodded a bit before scanning the menu again to see what he wanted and Jack looked through it as well. They both ordered the food once the waiter returned and Jack excused himself to use the restroom. Quickly, he went in the restroom and looked in the mirror. He tried to calm himself down, to no avail. He was too excited. With a goofy grin on his face, he left the restroom and went behind Hiccup's chair. Kneeling down on one knee he slipped the box out of his pocket and opened it up, letting out a silent sigh.

  "Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third, the past year and a half we have been together have been the best of my life. From the first day you walked into the coffee shop, to the beach, to me having to go steal you back from your dad.. It has been amazing. I never thought that I could love someone so much, until I met you. I love seeing your awkward smile every morning and hearing your voice before I go to bed. I don't think I'd be the man I am today if I never met you, and I don't ever want to spend another second without you by my side for the rest of our lives. I know this might be too soon, but I just can't wait anymore. I have saved up all the money I could for this moment and I just wanna know, will you marry me?" Jack spoke with an air of confidence in his voice, though his pink cheeks showed how nervous and embarrassed he really was.

  Hiccup had turned around at the beginning and his eyes widened as he listened to Jack speak, his eyes glancing at the ring and back to Jack. But, by the end stray tears had began to roll down his cheeks and he could only nod. With a sigh of relief, Jack stood up and slid the ring onto Hiccup's left ring finger. "Jack... I... I can't believe this is really happening." Hiccup pulled Jack down, cupping his cheeks as he kissed him softly with his eyes closed, slowly pulling away. He then stood up and hugged around Jack's chest, holding on as tight as he possibly could.

  "I.. I'm really happy.. To be honest, I've wanted you to ask for awhile, or else I was going to... I don't think I could ever live without you. I need my snowflake in my life, you know..?" Hiccup talked quietly before pecking Jack's cheek, keeping the hold around his chest. His emerald eyes gazed into Jack's sapphire eyes and he couldn't help but to smile that dorky smile that Jack loved so much. Just this, and he knew that they would be happy for the rest of their lives. In sickness and in health, with wealth or without. Hiccup knew he had found his true soulmate and he was never going to let that go.