Chapter 21

Chapter 21

       "I'm going to kill her," Belle hissed as she flopped at the bus seat in front of the one Grayson and I were on. Her face was twisted and anger and when Belle got mad, it was not a good idea to be around her.

       "Kill who?" I asked. "What happened?"

       "Yesterday, at the dance, I was talking to Thalia," Belle said. "I was telling her about Devon and how I still liked him and how he wanted to get back together with me. And this morning, when I went to my locker, I saw Thalia making out with Devon."

       I looked at Grayson, who looked just as shocked as I felt. I looked at Belle once again. "She actually did that?"

       Belle scoffed. "Yeah. And now, she is number one on my hit list. I can't believe she would do something like that."

       "Well...." I said slowly. "I kind of can believe that. You should see how she acts when she's around only me."

       Belle furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

       I sighed. "Whenever it was just me and her, she would constantly shoot me glares or snap at me. Then there was a conversation we had in the hospital. She found out Grayson was in a coma and heard that it was my fault, so when she visited him, she was saying he should break up with me."

       "What?" Belle asked.

       "You never told me that," Grayson said.

       "I know," I said. "It slipped my mind. Anyway, when I questioned her about it, she said that she knows him more, which is totally not true. She hates me a whole lot though."

       "How come you never told me?" Belle asked. "I would have kicked her to the curb."

       "She was still a good friend to you," I said. "Or at least I thought she was...."

       More students began piling onto the bus, two of them being Devon and Thalia. They were holding hands, so obviously, they were dating. I didn't know why Thalia would do that to Belle, or even why Devon would. He even told Belle he wanted to get back together with her, but Belle told him he had to prove it.

       Grayson leaned over the seat. "You know," he said to Belle. "I have a feeling Devon is doing this to make you jealous. We've been friends before. He wouldn't move on that fast. Whatever you do, don't give them a reaction."

       "Don't worry, I won't," Belle said. "If Devon really wants to get back together with me, he's going to have to make the first move. All I have to do is pretend I don't care."

       "That's the spirit," I said as Devon and Belle walked in our direction.

       "Hey, guys!" Thalia said in a fake-happy tone. "Mind if we sit behind you two?"

       "Not at all," Grayson said, rolling his eyes when they weren't looking.

       Belle shifted in her seat so she was facing us. "Nice to see you have a boyfriend, Thalia," Belle said and it actually sounded like she was genuine and how she didn't care at all. She was a really good actress. "Maybe now you can stop hitting on Poppy's boyfriend."

       I snorted a laugh, but then covered my mouth. I didn't want to seem like a jerk in front of Thalia, even though she was one to me.

       "I didn't ask for your opinion," Thalia snapped at me, causing me to frown. That was exactly my point. I wasn't a jerk to her, yet she snapped at me. Belle was the one who made the comment about her hitting on Grayson, not me.